RE: [dsg] Off to Canada

  • Maipenrai Dhammasaro
    Message 1 of 339 , Jul 29 5:04 PM
      Howdy,

      Have a great trip... I've only traveled in the eastern-southern areas from Sault Ste Marie to Montreal and many times to Toronto & York to visit Canadien (Canadian) and Thai friends.

      Trust you will visit one or more Buddhist Temple... if you do please share your impressions...

      peace...

      yours in the Dhamma-vinaya,

      Chuck

      [Rest deleted by Chuck]

    • ptaus1
      Message 339 of 339 , Oct 20, 2013
        Hi Jon,

        > J:  I think that's pretty much how the discussion went.  Not sure if I used the word 'survival', but if I did I think I would now prefer to say 'means of subsistence'.

        p: Yes, I think "survival" was my rendering of what you had said, which was probably "means of subsistence".

        > J: Just to supplement a little, I remember it being explained that for a monk, his livelihood is the going on his alms round.
        p: Yes, that makes sense.

        Best wishes
        pt