Re: Meditation & Sitting Practice of the Buddha

  • philip
    Message 1 of 483 , Jul 23 11:28 PM
      Hi James

      You may have a point but since jhanas are not a proper pursuit for householders I have no interest in them. (I do enjoy the deeply blissful pseudo-jhanas I access through my samatthabation.) When it comes to Dhamma I am interested in moments of understanding with detachment. Yes, lots of lobha when listening to A Sujin or discussing or reflecting on paramattha dhammas as well, there is a dome of lobha covering our existence only a few rare openings. When it comes to Dhamma it is those rare openings I'm interested. When it comes to feelgood pop Dhamma gimme gimme gimme my samatthabation and the deep bliss of pseudo jhanas. Beats alcohol, that's for sure and could help to fend off Alzheimer's too...

      Phil
      Message 483 of 483 , Oct 1, 2013

        Hi Rob E

        RE: Hi Jon.

        > RE: I will get into the next part about the Satipatthana sutta later, as I need to look at it to continue the discussion.

        > J:  Glad to hear you'll be checking out the text of the sutta for a change!! :-))

        RE:

        :-)  I appreciate what I desperately hope is your humor here, and if so, is very funny.

        I will get back to you with the usual sutta quotes as soon as I can.  :-)

        Very very funny, Jon.   ; - /

        Best,

        Rob  E.