Re: A Challenge - My Final comments...

  • philip
    Message 1 of 199 , Jul 22, 2013
      Hi Tony

      > I will read the replies to this thread today but I am afraid I won't be contributing anymore....it is I am afraid an exercise in futility (with the greatest of respect of course!).

      I compliment you on your wisdom. At a certain point people should acknowledge that they are not on the same page and never will be. Which is fine.

      Phil
      Message 199 of 199 , Aug 3 1:21 AM
        Op 3 aug 2013, om 03:49 heeft thomaslaw03 het volgende geschreven:

        > Th: Thanks for your reply. It brought my attention to it. Yes, according to the SN suttas, one should first fully know the phenomena of the five aggregates (nama-rupa) themselves, and then fully see them as anicca, dukkha, or anatta.
        ------
        N: That is right. Sati and pa~n~naa have to attend to their characteristics when they appear and this is, as Acharn Sujin says, beyond words. It is not thinking about them. But for all of us it takes quite some time before we really understand this. We are bound to take thinking for awareness. Above all, there is no person who is trying to know, sati and pa~n~naa perform their functions. They arise because of conditions and these are listening to the Dhamma and considering it.

        -----