Re: A Challenge - KH/Thomas

  • htoonaing@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 199 , Jul 21, 2013
      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "connie" <nichicon@...> wrote:

      > dsg,
      >
      > > Htoo: A citta arises and falls away. So do many many other cittas at the exact same time.
      >
      > c: but only one citta at a time for any given being.
      >
      > connie
      Htoo:

      Dear Connie, I know what you mean in this matter. Two cittas cannot arise together.

      But the sound of "explosion" is heard by many many many cittas at the very same time.

      There is no being, there is no jiiva, there is no atta.

      With Metta,

      Htoo Naing
      Message 199 of 199 , Aug 3, 2013
        Op 3 aug 2013, om 03:49 heeft thomaslaw03 het volgende geschreven:

        > Th: Thanks for your reply. It brought my attention to it. Yes, according to the SN suttas, one should first fully know the phenomena of the five aggregates (nama-rupa) themselves, and then fully see them as anicca, dukkha, or anatta.
        ------
        N: That is right. Sati and pa~n~naa have to attend to their characteristics when they appear and this is, as Acharn Sujin says, beyond words. It is not thinking about them. But for all of us it takes quite some time before we really understand this. We are bound to take thinking for awareness. Above all, there is no person who is trying to know, sati and pa~n~naa perform their functions. They arise because of conditions and these are listening to the Dhamma and considering it.

        -----