People seen as visible object or visible object seen as people?

  • philip
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2013
      Dear group

      Here is another thing from the Patthna talk.

      Do we say people are seen as visible object or visible object is seen as people?

      Not so tricky, really.

      Phil
    • htoonaing@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2013
        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "philip" <philco777@...> wrote:

        > Dear group

        > Here is another thing from the Patthna talk.

        > Do we say people are seen as visible object or visible object is seen as people?
        > Not so tricky, really.
        > Phil
        Htoo:

        4 primary elements are grouped together and again their are also ruupa which depend on these 4 primary elements (mahaa bhuuta ruupa).
        One of depending ruupas is va.n.na which is colour or visible object.

        Visible objects are being cognised as people where in real is they are just visible objects or vanna only. There is only 1 ruupa that can be seen. It is vanna. No other ruupa can be see directly.

        Again vanna does not exist on its own. It has to depend on 4 primary elements of pathavii, tejo, vayo, and apo.

        With Metta,

        Htoo Naing
      • philip
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2013
          Dear Htoo

          Thank you for your answer to this and other questions. So nice to read you on dhammas rather than practices!

          Phil