Re: [dsg] Re: Heat and its appearance... - Sarah (3)

  • Sukinder
    Message 1 of 199 , Jul 8, 2013
      Hi Tony,

      > THEY DO EXIST BUT THEIR MODE OF EXISTENCE IS ILLUSORY AND DECEPTIVE.
      > THEY APPEAR TO THE MIND. THEY APPEAR TO EXIST INDEPENDENTLY. AS SOON
      > AS WE LABEL WE'RE LABELING SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT EXIST OTHER THAN A
      > CONCEPT IN OUR MINDS.

      Are you saying to the effect that nothing exists independently of the
      mind, and / or what is known must go through an interpretive process
      whether it is thinking or not?

      Sukin

      Message 199 of 199 , Aug 3, 2013
        Op 3 aug 2013, om 03:49 heeft thomaslaw03 het volgende geschreven:

        > Th: Thanks for your reply. It brought my attention to it. Yes, according to the SN suttas, one should first fully know the phenomena of the five aggregates (nama-rupa) themselves, and then fully see them as anicca, dukkha, or anatta.
        ------
        N: That is right. Sati and pa~n~naa have to attend to their characteristics when they appear and this is, as Acharn Sujin says, beyond words. It is not thinking about them. But for all of us it takes quite some time before we really understand this. We are bound to take thinking for awareness. Above all, there is no person who is trying to know, sati and pa~n~naa perform their functions. They arise because of conditions and these are listening to the Dhamma and considering it.

        -----