[dsg] Re: Door = reality. Rupa kalapa = concepts

  • htoonaing@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 483 , Jul 1, 2013
      Nina:

      Dear Htoo,

      > Pannaapetiiti pannatti. It causes understanding so it called concept.
      -----
      N: A concept makes known, Pa~n~naapeti, or it is that which is known.
      This is a very general definition. We cannot say that it causes
      > understanding, it depends on whether concepts are the right words to
      > make known the truth or not. There are so many types of concepts.
      > Abdomen or stomach is a concept that is conventional truth, it is not
      > ultimate truth. It is a collection of things, and it can be object of
      > thinking. Thinking of a whole, like abdomen, will not lead to
      > detachment. It will not help us to penetrate the truth of
      > impermanence, of the arising and falling away of naama and ruupa, of
      > each reality separately, as it appears one at a time.
      > -------
      > Nina.
      ---------------------
      Htoo:

      Thanks Nina for your kind explanation. There are many pannatti.

      1. vijjaamaana pannatti (cakkhu)
      2. avijjaamaana pannatti (son)
      3. avijjaamaanena avijjaamaana pannatti (my leg)
      4. avijjaamaanena vijjaamaana pannatti (Buddha's cakkhu)
      5. vijjaamaanena avijjaamaana pannatti (cakkhu dvaara)
      6. vijjaamaanena vijjaamaana pannatti ( cakkhu vi~n~naa.na)

      Nibbaana is wrapped with naama-ruupa. Naama-ruupa is wrapped with pannatti.

      First the outermost layer has to be torn away so that naama and ruupa can be clearly seen. When naama-ruupa is seen that layer is penetrated with vipassanaa(pancingika magga). As soon as the margin is passed nibbaana is seen.

      To reach seeing naama and ruupa a good teacher is required. That teacher must be an ariyaa at least sotapanna.

      With respect,

      Htoo Naing
      Message 483 of 483 , Oct 1, 2013

        Hi Rob E

        RE: Hi Jon.

        > RE: I will get into the next part about the Satipatthana sutta later, as I need to look at it to continue the discussion.

        > J:  Glad to hear you'll be checking out the text of the sutta for a change!! :-))

        RE:

        :-)  I appreciate what I desperately hope is your humor here, and if so, is very funny.

        I will get back to you with the usual sutta quotes as soon as I can.  :-)

        Very very funny, Jon.   ; - /

        Best,

        Rob  E.