Re: [dsg] science and Dhamma don't mix

  • truth_aerator
    Message 1 of 199 , Jun 27, 2013
      Dear Nina, all,

      > N: How could what is not the truth be helpful?

      If it still elicits nibbida and cessation of tanha.

      With best wishes,

      Alex
      Message 199 of 199 , Aug 3, 2013
        Dear Thomas,
        Op 3 aug 2013, om 03:49 heeft thomaslaw03 het volgende geschreven:

        > Th: Thanks for your reply. It brought my attention to it. Yes, according to the SN suttas, one should first fully know the phenomena of the five aggregates (nama-rupa) themselves, and then fully see them as anicca, dukkha, or anatta.
        ------
        N: That is right. Sati and pa~n~naa have to attend to their characteristics when they appear and this is, as Acharn Sujin says, beyond words. It is not thinking about them. But for all of us it takes quite some time before we really understand this. We are bound to take thinking for awareness. Above all, there is no person who is trying to know, sati and pa~n~naa perform their functions. They arise because of conditions and these are listening to the Dhamma and considering it.

        -----