Re: Nargajunas Stance...

  • thomaslaw03
    Message 1 of 199 , Jun 16, 2013
      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "philip" <philco777@...> wrote:

      Also:

      >> Phil: Search Paramatta dhammas under Google. I have to take care of around 100 students at work. I don't have enough milk to breast-feed you.

      Thomas: Do you think you are breast-feeding everyone here?

      Your language sounds insulting and arrogant.

      I suggest you need to remember to practice sammaavaaca `right speech'. This is very important for practising dhammas. Sammaavaaca is:

      "Abstaining (verama.nii) from lying speech (musaavaadaa), from defamatory speech (pisu.naaya vaacaaya), from abusive speech (pharusaaya vaacaaya), and abstaining from frivolous speech (samphappalaapaa)."

      If you still don't accept that is Buddhadhamma, search sammaavaaca under Google.

      Thomas
      Message 199 of 199 , Aug 3 1:21 AM
        Op 3 aug 2013, om 03:49 heeft thomaslaw03 het volgende geschreven:

        > Th: Thanks for your reply. It brought my attention to it. Yes, according to the SN suttas, one should first fully know the phenomena of the five aggregates (nama-rupa) themselves, and then fully see them as anicca, dukkha, or anatta.
        ------
        N: That is right. Sati and pa~n~naa have to attend to their characteristics when they appear and this is, as Acharn Sujin says, beyond words. It is not thinking about them. But for all of us it takes quite some time before we really understand this. We are bound to take thinking for awareness. Above all, there is no person who is trying to know, sati and pa~n~naa perform their functions. They arise because of conditions and these are listening to the Dhamma and considering it.

        -----