Re: Practice According to the Dhamma (Pa.tipatti)

    Message 1 of 483 , Apr 27, 2013
      Hi Tep

      > T: According to the Comy. of the Sallekha Sutta (MN 8), patipatti is the "practice according to the teaching". It is also known as 'dhammanudhamma patipatti' [See SN 22.39-42.]
      > I have not seen 'miccha patipatti' in the Suttas.
      > ===============

      J: I think you'll find there are plenty of references to wrong practice (including as "miccha pa.tipadaa") in the texts.

      For example, AN 2:40:
      "Bhikkhus, I do not praise the wrong practice of two kinds of people: a layperson and one gone forth into homelessness.
      "Whether it is a layperson or one gone forth who is practising wrongly, they do not attain the true way, the Dhamma that is wholesome."

      Message 483 of 483 , Oct 1, 2013

        Hi Rob E

        RE: Hi Jon.

        > RE: I will get into the next part about the Satipatthana sutta later, as I need to look at it to continue the discussion.

        > J:  Glad to hear you'll be checking out the text of the sutta for a change!! :-))

        RE:

        :-)  I appreciate what I desperately hope is your humor here, and if so, is very funny.

        I will get back to you with the usual sutta quotes as soon as I can.  :-)

        Very very funny, Jon.   ; - /

        Best,

        Rob  E.