Meditation is studying presently arisen mental states

  • truth_aerator
    Message 1 of 483 , Apr 24, 2013
      Dear Connie, Sukin, all,

      >C:Are you suggesting there are two selves: the true and the _____???
      >Who meditates?

      Mind meditates. Meditation = developing experiential wisdom.

      With best wishes,

      Alex
      Message 483 of 483 , Oct 1, 2013

        Hi Rob E

        RE: Hi Jon.

        > RE: I will get into the next part about the Satipatthana sutta later, as I need to look at it to continue the discussion.

        > J:  Glad to hear you'll be checking out the text of the sutta for a change!! :-))

        RE:

        :-)  I appreciate what I desperately hope is your humor here, and if so, is very funny.

        I will get back to you with the usual sutta quotes as soon as I can.  :-)

        Very very funny, Jon.   ; - /

        Best,

        Rob  E.