Re: [dsg] Hit your finger with a hammer!

  • Robert E
    Message 1 of 483 , Apr 23, 2013
      Hi Tep.
      I always appreciate your efforts to round up the former points and then reply to them in an organized way. It goes well with my obsessive nature! :-)

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tep Sastri" <indriyabala@...> wrote:

      > I think non-ariyans cannot directly apprehend the paramattha dhammas and, therefore, what "the wise" calls concepts are actually very real to the non-ariyans: ... So, the Arahants and their disciples saw each other; it means that they were not fiction. Their bodies, rupas and namas were impermanent, suffering and not-self. They were real, but different, from moment to moment until death arises.

      I like this description very much - especially the last sentence which describes the momentary changing reality of the body and "person."

      > I agree with your R1, and also want to add this: the dhamma theory of the Abhidhamma is very clear, i.e., that the sabhava-dhammas are the essence of the Dhamma.

      Could you say a bit more about this point? I am not quite sure if you are saying that the concept of sabhava dhammas is the essence of Buddhism or if you are saying something about the dhammas themselves. Is sabhava dhammas synonymous with paramatha dhammas? Thanks for helping my education.

      Best,
      Rob E.

      - - - - - - - - - - -
      Message 483 of 483 , Oct 1, 2013

        Hi Rob E

        RE: Hi Jon.

        > RE: I will get into the next part about the Satipatthana sutta later, as I need to look at it to continue the discussion.

        > J:  Glad to hear you'll be checking out the text of the sutta for a change!! :-))

        RE:

        :-)  I appreciate what I desperately hope is your humor here, and if so, is very funny.

        I will get back to you with the usual sutta quotes as soon as I can.  :-)

        Very very funny, Jon.   ; - /

        Best,

        Rob  E.