Re: accident

  • Tep Sastri
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 18, 2013
      Hi Lukas, (Jon)-

      I join Jon to sympathize with your suffering. The hallucination is moha; it is a kamma-vipaka and it will pass away.

      Be well soon,
      Tep
      ===

      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 18, 2013
        Hi Lukas,

        Also very sorry to hear about your collapse and akusala vipaka.

        2 days is quite a long time to be unconscious and there are always side-effects from this. IBe patient and get plenty of rest. Nothing lasts.

        As we've been saying a lot recently, we never know what will come next. We're all so very fortunate to have heard and considered so much about the Teachings and to appreciate that all such dhammas that come are anatta.

        Incredible how many accidents amongst us there've been recently!

      • tadaomiyamoto@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 27 , Apr 18, 2013
          Dear Lukas

          I'm sorry to hear about your accident. It must be a terrifying experience to be unconscious
          for almost two days.

          As Sarah said, please take a plenty of rest with sati and pannaa, which have a lot of
          calming effect.

          Best wishes, tadao

        • tadaomiyamoto@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 27 , Apr 18, 2013
            Hi Sarah and Lucas

            As we've been getting older, we ought to pay attention to the notion of
            "risk-management", which I think is a type of yoniso-manasikaara.

            The word, "risk-management" had not been in my vocabulary until two years ago
            when the Big Earth Quake and Tsunami hit the region where I lived.

            We do not know when we have to leave this world, but it is imperative to make
            the best use of the time left for us.

            In that sense, (even though we cannot negotiate with our own vipaakas,) we should take care of ourselves with a great dose of yoniso-manasikaara coupled with sati/pannaa so that we would not unnecessarily put ourselves in risky situations

            Best wishes,
            tadao

            > Hi Lukas,
            >
            > Also very sorry to hear about your collapse and akusala vipaka.
            >
            > 2 days is quite a long time to be unconscious and there are always side-effects from this. IBe patient and get plenty of rest. Nothing lasts.
            >
            > As we've been saying a lot recently, we never know what will come next. We're all so very fortunate to have heard and considered so much about the Teachings and to appreciate that all such dhammas that come are anatta.
            >
            > Incredible how many accidents amongst us there've been recently!
            >
            > Metta
            >
            > Sarah
            >
            > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lukas" <szmicio@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi all,
            > > On Saturday I collapsed, and hit head on concret stairs. I was unconscious almost two days, and now I am not myself anymore. I see things, that not exist. Hearing voices all the time. Devil comes to me by night. everything is weird.

          • Sukinder
            Message 5 of 27 , Apr 18, 2013
              Hi Lukas,

              Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you did a thorough test of the
              brain and get back to normal soon.
              Actually when I read about your hallucinations, I thought, "well,
              without getting my head hit, I'm hallucinating all the time," and I also
              thought about A. Sujin's "delirious thinking" which again is something
              that happens all day. So really, there is very little difference. But
              the good thing is that we both understand intellectually at least, that
              at any given moment, there is only one experience of one object through
              the five senses or the mind.

              Sukin

              On 4/18/2013 5:25 PM, Lukas wrote:

              > Hi all,
              > On Saturday I collapsed, and hit head on concret stairs. I was
              > unconscious almost two days, and now I am not myself anymore. I see
              > things, that not exist. Hearing voices all the time. Devil comes to me
              > by night. everything is weird.
              >
              > Lukas

            • jagkrit2012
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 18, 2013
                Dear Lukas

                So sorry to hear about your accidence. Hopefully, you get well very soon. It is frightened that there is some hallucination due to you head wreck. Please consult the doctor for this condition. May be you need some medicine to control the situation.

                Spend more time listen to dhamma to keep your hallucination at bay.

                Best wishes

                Jagkrit
              • truth_aerator
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 18, 2013
                  Dear Lukas,

                  Take omega-3, fish oils, highest quality coconut oil as much as you can. They are good for the brain.

                  Please remember that voices in your head are NOT real. Satan doesn't exist. Don't listen to those voices.

                  I hope you get better.

                  With best wishes,

                  Alex
                • connie
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 18, 2013
                    The Discourse about Moonlight
                    http://www.ancient-buddhist-texts.net/Texts-and-Translations/Udana/4-Meghiyavaggo-04.htm

                    enjoy, lukas and all!

                    alex, would you say this is a conventional or the other kind of teaching? the devil makes me ask,

                    connie

                    > J: Join the club (Nina and me, and Rob E's car)!
                    >
                    > Seriously, sorry to hear this news, but glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.

                    ps. ditto
                  • han tun
                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 19, 2013
                      Dear Brother Tep and Sister Yawares, Partner Sarah and Jon, Khun Tadao, Khun Jagkrit, Khun Phil,

                      I thank you all very much for your best wishes.

                      By the power of your best wishes the operation is safely over, and I am now recovering at home. But I still cannot sit down to work on my computer for more than a few minutes at a time.

                      --------------------

                      My own body parts which have become a potential murderer (vadhaka) have been removed.

                      But I still cannot remove the nandi-raaga, my intimate companion/murderer (antaracaro vadhako).

                      [I have been inspired by the passages from SN 35.238 Aasiivisopama sutta to write the above two sentences.]

                      with metta and respect,
                      Han

                    • Tep Sastri
                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 19, 2013
                        Dear Brother Han, -

                        Lucky you! It is a great news for me today.
                        So, rest well and don't worry about using your computer for a week.

                        May the new body parts work harmoniously with the old body!

                        Be well & happier,
                        Tep
                        ===

                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 19, 2013
                          Dear Brother Tep,

                          Thank you very much once again.

                          with metta and respect,
                          Han

                          From: Tep Sastri indriyabala@...

                          Dear Brother Han, -

                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 20, 2013
                            Dear Khun Han

                            I'm glad that everything went well and you will be recovered very soon.

                            I'm interested to you quote > But I still cannot remove the nandi-raaga, my intimate companion/murderer (antaracaro vadhako).

                            "Nandi-raaga" seems to have vast meaning. If you have time, would you like to elaborate more on this.

                            Thank you and best wishes

                            Jagkrit
                          • han tun
                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 20, 2013
                              Dear Khun Jagkrit,

                              Thank you very much.
                              I am not yet 100 per cent fit.
                              When I am fit I will write about Nandi-raaga to the best of my ability.

                              with metta and respect,
                              Han

                              Message 14 of 27 , Apr 21, 2013
                                Dear Han

                                Very glad to see you back, albeit at less than full strength, so soon. You have obviously made a strong initial recovery!

                                Looking forward to seeing more of you one the list as you recover further.

                                Jon

                              • tadaomiyamoto@ymail.com
                                Message 15 of 27 , Apr 21, 2013
                                  Dear Han

                                  It's nice to hear that you've been getting stronger.

                                  I look forward to reading your thought on Nandi-raaga, which is to a certain degree
                                  under my control.

                                  Mettaaya,

                                  tadao

                                  --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "jonoabb" <jonabbott@...> wrote:

                                  > Dear Han
                                  >
                                  > Very glad to see you back, albeit at less than full strength, so soon. You have obviously made a strong initial recovery!
                                  >
                                  > Looking forward to seeing more of you one the list as you recover further.
                                  >
                                  > Jon
                                  >
                                  > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, han tun <hantun1@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Dear Khun Jagkrit,
                                  > > Thank you very much.
                                  > > I am not yet 100 per cent fit.
                                  > > When I am fit I will write about Nandi-raaga to the best of my ability.
                                  > > with metta and respect,
                                  > > Han
                                  > >
                                  > > From: jagkrit2012 <jagkrit2012@>
                                  > >
                                  > > Dear Khun Han
                                  > > I'm glad that everything went well and you will be recovered very soon.
                                  > > I'm interested to you quote > But I still cannot remove the nandi-raaga, my intimate companion/murderer (antaracaro vadhako).
                                  > > "Nandi-raaga" seems to have vast meaning. If you have time, would you like to elaborate more on this.
                                  > > Thank you and best wishes
                                  > > Jagkrit

                                • han tun
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Apr 21, 2013
                                    Dear Jon,

                                    Thank you very much for your kind concern.

                                    I will be alright, but the only thing is that the recovery from any illness or surgery at my age is slow because of diminished immune system in my body.

                                    with metta and respect,
                                    Han

                                    ________________________________
                                    From: jonoabb <jonabbott@...>
                                     Dear Han

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Apr 21, 2013
                                      Dear Khun Tadao,

                                      Thank you very much once again.
                                      I will write more when I am fit.

                                      with metta and respect,
                                      Han

                                      ________________________________

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Apr 22, 2013
                                        Hi Han.

                                        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, han tun <hantun1@...> wrote:

                                        > Dear Brother Tep and Sister Yawares, Partner Sarah and Jon, Khun Tadao, Khun Jagkrit, Khun Phil,
                                        >
                                        > I thank you all very much for your best wishes.
                                        >
                                        > By the power of your best wishes the operation is safely over, and I am now recovering at home.

                                        I'm a little late but would like to add my best wishes for you as well, and am glad that you are home and in recovery. I missed some of the earlier messages so will have to go back to see what was happening. Be well, and hope you are back to full strength soon.

                                        Best,
                                        Rob E.

                                        - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                                      • han tun

                                          From: Robert E <epsteinrob@...>

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Apr 23, 2013
                                            Dear Han & all,

                                            --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, han tun <hantun1@...> wrote:

                                            > By the power of your best wishes the operation is safely over, and I am now recovering at home. But I still cannot sit down to work on my computer for more than a few minutes at a time.

                                            > My own body parts which have become a potential murderer (vadhaka) have been removed.

                                            > But I still cannot remove the nandi-raaga, my intimate companion/murderer (antaracaro vadhako).

                                            > [I have been inspired by the passages from SN 35.238 Aasiivisopama sutta to write the above two sentences.]
                                            S: Glad to hear you're home and slowly recovering. No escape from old age, sickness, death and murderers whilst travelling in samsara. Thank you for the good reminders.
                                            ***

                                            We just spoke to Nina briefly. She's sounding more cheery and laughing too. She expects to be in the Rehab centre for another 6 -8 wks. She still experiences quite a lot of pain and finds it difficult being so dependant on others, such as needing help washing and so on.

                                            She can now walk a few steps and can get around in a wheelchair. She's especially enjoying being with others at meal times, which doesn't happen when she's at home. She said she's becoming more like my (very sociable) mother day by day, chatting and laughing:-) I had said to Jon that this might be a welcome break for her in this regard.

                                            The other good news is that she's now able to listen to Dhamma. She has the tapes from Thailand which she made in January and can listen to these again and again. I joked and suggested she'd better write a second series from them!

                                            Talking of which, she's sent me the file of the series that she was posting extracts from on the list. Jon plans to continue posting the extracts soon.

                                            Of course, I sent her everyone's best wishes and she sent hers to you all as well.

                                            ======
                                          • tadaomiyamoto@ymail.com
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Apr 23, 2013
                                              Dear Sarah

                                              Thank you for the news on Han's and Nina's recovery.

                                              If Nina can access the Internet at the hospital, she should listen to the Daily Dhamma Talk
                                              of the Foundation by clicking the icon of an antenna with radio-waves. Some are old and some are new talks, and their content changes daily. (I love listening it.)

                                              Mettaa

                                              tadao

                                              > Dear Han & all,
                                              >
                                              > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, han tun <hantun1@> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > By the power of your best wishes the operation is safely over, and I am now recovering at home. But I still cannot sit down to work on my computer for more than a few minutes at a time.
                                              >
                                              > > My own body parts which have become a potential murderer (vadhaka) have been removed.
                                              >
                                              > > But I still cannot remove the nandi-raaga, my intimate companion/murderer (antaracaro vadhako).
                                              >
                                              > > [I have been inspired by the passages from SN 35.238 Aasiivisopama sutta to write the above two sentences.]
                                              > S: Glad to hear you're home and slowly recovering. No escape from old age, sickness, death and murderers whilst travelling in samsara. Thank you for the good reminders.
                                              > ***
                                              >
                                              > We just spoke to Nina briefly. She's sounding more cheery and laughing too. She expects to be in the Rehab centre for another 6 -8 wks. She still experiences quite a lot of pain and finds it difficult being so dependant on others, such as needing help washing and so on.
                                              >
                                              > She can now walk a few steps and can get around in a wheelchair. She's especially enjoying being with others at meal times, which doesn't happen when she's at home. She said she's becoming more like my (very sociable) mother day by day, chatting and laughing:-) I had said to Jon that this might be a welcome break for her in this regard.
                                              >
                                              > The other good news is that she's now able to listen to Dhamma. She has the tapes from Thailand which she made in January and can listen to these again and again. I joked and suggested she'd better write a second series from them!
                                              >
                                              > Talking of which, she's sent me the file of the series that she was posting extracts from on the list. Jon plans to continue posting the extracts soon.
                                              >
                                              > Of course, I sent her everyone's best wishes and she sent hers to you all as well.
                                              >
                                              > Metta
                                              >
                                              > Sarah
                                              > ======

                                            • han tun
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Apr 23, 2013
                                                Dear Sarah,

                                                Thank you very much for your update on Nina's condition.
                                                I know she is very brave.
                                                I pray for her speedy recovery.

                                                with metta and respect,
                                                Han

                                                ________________________________

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Apr 23, 2013
                                                  Dear Han

                                                  Please take a good care of yourself.
                                                  I look forward to reading your exposition.

                                                  Mettaaya,

                                                  tadao

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Apr 24, 2013
                                                    Dear Alex,

                                                    --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "truth_aerator" <truth_aerator@...> wrote:

                                                    > Please remember that voices in your head are NOT real. Satan doesn't exist. Don't listen to those voices.

                                                    S: Very well said!

                                                    ====
                                                  • azita
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Apr 24, 2013
                                                      Hallo Sarah,

                                                      thank you for the update on Nina's condition. She has amazing energy and will do well in post surgery - please give her my well-wishes

                                                      patience, courage, truthfulness and good cheer,
                                                      azita