Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: A "Self" Introduction of a Reborn Member

Expand Messages
  • upasaka_howard
    Welcome back, Tep!!! With metta, Howard
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 29, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Welcome back, Tep!!!

      With metta,
      Howard

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tep Sastri" <indriyabala@...> wrote:
      >
      > Hi old & new DSG members, -
      > My name is Tep Sastri -- I was an active DSG member during ,
      > approximately, the years 2003 - 2008. Today I am reborn (in the sense
      > of "emotionally regenerated" rather than spiritually regenerated)
      > following Sarah's encouragement. [She wrote in an email: Maybe you can
      > drop by to say 'hi' sometime :-)] So I thought : why not? Why don't I
      > go there to renew friendship with old members (some are young, though)
      > and get to meet new members too? Thanks to Sarah's friendly suggestion.
      > So, guys, how are y'll doing?
      > Truly,Tep===
      >
      >
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
    • philip
      Hi Tep I try to limit my participation here to posting things I have heard in the audio discussions because I personally don t believe in the value of hitting
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 29, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi Tep

        I try to limit my participation here to posting things I have heard in the audio discussions because I personally don't believe in the value of hitting the head against the stone wall ( debating for the end purpose of agree to disagree.) But I'm glad that you are well. And I hope the stone wall is fruitful for you and others. Just doesn't work for me and what works for me naturally (nobody more important!) comes first.

        Phil




        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tep Sastri" <indriyabala@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi old & new DSG members, -
        > My name is Tep Sastri -- I was an active DSG member during ,
        > approximately, the years 2003 - 2008. Today I am reborn (in the sense
        > of "emotionally regenerated" rather than spiritually regenerated)
        > following Sarah's encouragement. [She wrote in an email: Maybe you can
        > drop by to say 'hi' sometime :-)] So I thought : why not? Why don't I
        > go there to renew friendship with old members (some are young, though)
        > and get to meet new members too? Thanks to Sarah's friendly suggestion.
        > So, guys, how are y'll doing?
        > Truly,Tep===
        >
        >
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
      • Tep Sastri
        Hi Sarah, - I appreciate your friendly welcome. Old friendship does not die easily, I guess. You re right to stress that the main purpose of a group like DSG
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 30, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi Sarah, -

          I appreciate your friendly welcome. Old friendship does not die easily, I guess.
          You're right to stress that the main purpose of a group like DSG is to "share our ideas and understandings with friends".

          >S: I know you always consider the Teachings deeply and study carefully, so always a pleasure to discuss with you, Tep.

          I know no other hosts sweeter or more persuasive than Sarah Proctor!

          Truly,
          Tep
          ===
          --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "sarah" <sarahprocterabbott@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hi Tep,
          >
          > Glad to welcome back an old friend and again, good to hear from you again!
          >
          > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tep Sastri" <indriyabala@> wrote:
          >
          > > My name is Tep Sastri -- I was an active DSG member during ,
          > > approximately, the years 2003 - 2008. Today I am reborn (in the sense
          > > of "emotionally regenerated" rather than spiritually regenerated)
          > > following Sarah's encouragement.
          > ....
          > S: You mentioned that some of your viewpoints might not be appreciated by some here, but I'd like to stress that we're all just here to share our ideas and understandings with friends, so share any views or comments you like!
          >
          > I know you always consider the Teachings deeply and study carefully, so always a pleasure to discuss with you, Tep.
          >
          > Metta
          >
          > Sarah
          > =====
          >
        • Tep Sastri
          Dear Nina, - I am happy to read your kind words. Thanks for always be available and ready to help others. Looking back at your dedication to Dhamma
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 30, 2013
          • 0 Attachment
            Dear Nina, -

            I am happy to read your kind words. Thanks for always be available and ready to help others.
            Looking back at your dedication to Dhamma discussions and publication records, I do not find anyone else today who contributes more to Buddhism than you.

            Yours truly,
            Tep
            ===
            --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:
            >
            > Dear Tep,
            > I am glad to see you here again. I always found discussions with you
            > worth while, a lot to consider.
            > Nina.
            > Op 29-mrt-2013, om 14:08 heeft Tep Sastri het volgende geschreven:
            >
            > > y name is Tep Sastri -- I was an active DSG member during ,
            > > approximately, the years 2003 - 2008.
            >
            >
            >
            > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
          • Tep Sastri
            Hello Howard, - Thank you very much for welcoming me back to DSG. You don t seem to write as much now as in the past. What has changed? Be well, Tep
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 30, 2013
            • 0 Attachment
              Hello Howard, -

              Thank you very much for welcoming me back to DSG.
              You don't seem to write as much now as in the past. What has changed?

              Be well,
              Tep
              ===
              --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, upasaka@... wrote:
              >
              > Welcome back, Tep!!!
              >
              > With metta,
              > Howard
              >
              > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tep Sastri" <indriyabala@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi old & new DSG members, -
              > > My name is Tep Sastri -- I was an active DSG member during ,
              > > approximately, the years 2003 - 2008. Today I am reborn (in the sense
              > > of "emotionally regenerated" rather than spiritually regenerated)
              > > following Sarah's encouragement. [She wrote in an email: Maybe you can
              > > drop by to say 'hi' sometime :-)] So I thought : why not? Why don't I
              > > go there to renew friendship with old members (some are young, though)
              > > and get to meet new members too? Thanks to Sarah's friendly suggestion.
              > > So, guys, how are y'll doing?
              > > Truly,Tep===
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              > >
              >
            • Tep Sastri
              Hi Phil, - I like your stonewall analogy! Give me more! You re right, very right about the purposeless debating. Even a friendly discussion with a purpose to
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 30, 2013
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi Phil, -

                I like your stonewall analogy! Give me more!

                You're right, very right about the purposeless debating. Even a friendly discussion with a purpose to win approvals of others is not fruitful either, I think.
                Was I "good" in the past at banging my head against "the stone wall", in your opinion? But, so much has changed since those active-posting years of mine, Phil. <My thick skull has become softer too.>
                The purpose of coming back to visit DSG this time is just to socialize a little. ... On a second thought, maybe a few selective & low-key Dhamma discussions per week won't hurt. :-)

                Be happy,
                Tep
                ===
                --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "philip" <philco777@...> wrote:
                >
                >
                > Hi Tep
                >
                > I try to limit my participation here to posting things I have heard in the audio discussions because I personally don't believe in the value of hitting the head against the stone wall ( debating for the end purpose of agree to disagree.) But I'm glad that you are well. And I hope the stone wall is fruitful for you and others. Just doesn't work for me and what works for me naturally (nobody more important!) comes first.
                >
                > Phil
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tep Sastri" <indriyabala@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi old & new DSG members, -
                > > My name is Tep Sastri -- I was an active DSG member during ,
                > > approximately, the years 2003 - 2008. Today I am reborn (in the sense
                > > of "emotionally regenerated" rather than spiritually regenerated)
                > > following Sarah's encouragement. [She wrote in an email: Maybe you can
                > > drop by to say 'hi' sometime :-)] So I thought : why not? Why don't I
                > > go there to renew friendship with old members (some are young, though)
                > > and get to meet new members too? Thanks to Sarah's friendly suggestion.
                > > So, guys, how are y'll doing?
                > > Truly,Tep===
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                > >
                >
              • upasaka_howard
                Hi, Tep - ... ================================ You re correct. Much of my time is devoted these days to personal practice, the nature of which has shifted
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 30, 2013
                • 0 Attachment
                  Hi, Tep -

                  --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tep Sastri" <indriyabala@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Hello Howard, -
                  >
                  > Thank you very much for welcoming me back to DSG.
                  > You don't seem to write as much now as in the past. What has changed?
                  >
                  > Be well,
                  > Tep
                  ================================
                  You're correct. Much of my time is devoted these days to "personal practice," the nature of which has shifted more than a bit, a matter I don't choose to discuss at this point, and also to an increase in study and contemplation. I also tire of debates, especially fruitless ones. I do, however, highly esteem wonderful friends, of whom there are so many here, most of whom, BTW, I have differences with as regards beliefs! Beliefs are just that! ;-) I'm very grateful for these wonderful friendships!!

                  With metta,
                  Howard


                  > ===
                  > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, upasaka@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Welcome back, Tep!!!
                  > >
                  > > With metta,
                  > > Howard
                • Tep Sastri
                  Dear Howard, - ... Lucky you! Even a single wonderful friendship is not easy for me to find. Be happy, Tep
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 30, 2013
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Dear Howard, -

                    >H: I'm very grateful for these wonderful friendships!!

                    Lucky you!
                    Even a single wonderful friendship is not easy for me to find.

                    Be happy,
                    Tep
                    ===
                    --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, upasaka@... wrote:
                    >
                    > Hi, Tep -
                    >
                    > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tep Sastri" <indriyabala@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hello Howard, -
                    > >
                    > > Thank you very much for welcoming me back to DSG.
                    > > You don't seem to write as much now as in the past. What has changed?
                    > >
                    > > Be well,
                    > > Tep
                    > ================================
                    > You're correct. Much of my time is devoted these days to "personal practice," the nature of which has shifted more than a bit, a matter I don't choose to discuss at this point, and also to an increase in study and contemplation. I also tire of debates, especially fruitless ones. I do, however, highly esteem wonderful friends, of whom there are so many here, most of whom, BTW, I have differences with as regards beliefs! Beliefs are just that! ;-) I'm very grateful for these wonderful friendships!!
                    >
                    > With metta,
                    > Howard
                    >
                  • Robert E
                    Hi Tep! ... Great to see you here, Tep - I have known you on three different groups, and always appreciate your discussions. I hope your own group is still
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Hi Tep!

                      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tep Sastri" <indriyabala@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Hi old & new DSG members, -
                      > My name is Tep Sastri -- I was an active DSG member during ,
                      > approximately, the years 2003 - 2008. Today I am reborn (in the sense
                      > of "emotionally regenerated" rather than spiritually regenerated)
                      > following Sarah's encouragement. [She wrote in an email: Maybe you can
                      > drop by to say 'hi' sometime :-)] So I thought : why not? Why don't I
                      > go there to renew friendship with old members (some are young, though)
                      > and get to meet new members too? Thanks to Sarah's friendly suggestion.
                      > So, guys, how are y'll doing?
                      > Truly,Tep===

                      Great to see you here, Tep - I have known you on three different groups, and always appreciate your discussions. I hope your own group is still going well - I still owe you some more visits over there!

                      Best,
                      Rob E.

                      = = = = = = = = = = =
                    • Tep Sastri
                      Hi Rob E. - I am happy to read many active conversations you have here. Really, it does not matter whether you post your discussion here or there , Rob. :-)
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 2, 2013
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Hi Rob E. -

                        I am happy to read many active conversations you have here. Really, it does not matter whether you post your discussion here or "there", Rob. :-)

                        Be well,
                        Tep
                        ===
                        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E" <epsteinrob@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > Hi Tep!
                        >
                        > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Tep Sastri" <indriyabala@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi old & new DSG members, -
                        > > My name is Tep Sastri -- I was an active DSG member during ,
                        > > approximately, the years 2003 - 2008. Today I am reborn (in the sense
                        > > of "emotionally regenerated" rather than spiritually regenerated)
                        > > following Sarah's encouragement. [She wrote in an email: Maybe you can
                        > > drop by to say 'hi' sometime :-)] So I thought : why not? Why don't I
                        > > go there to renew friendship with old members (some are young, though)
                        > > and get to meet new members too? Thanks to Sarah's friendly suggestion.
                        > > So, guys, how are y'll doing?
                        > > Truly,Tep===
                        >
                        > Great to see you here, Tep - I have known you on three different groups, and always appreciate your discussions. I hope your own group is still going well - I still owe you some more visits over there!
                        >
                        > Best,
                        > Rob E.
                        >
                        > = = = = = = = = = = =
                        >
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.