Re: The site of ancient Kapilavastu

  • thomaslaw03
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 19, 2013
      Hi Dhamma friends,

      Recently I visited the site of Kapilavastu in Tilaurakot (Nepal). In the site there are many elephant images next to a very old Hindu shrine (which worshiping three standing stones). The elephant images are not Ganesha deity; they are just elephants as such, big and small.
      I presume they must be relevant to the Kapilavastu site and to the Hindu shrine, but don't really understand why so many elephant images being worshiped there.

      Any thought?

      Thomas Law