Re: Meeting in Bangkok- May or July? From Lan- Sala flower

  • jagkrit2012
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 18, 2013
      Dear Nina, Sarah and friends

      What is the closest?

      Than Archarn said when citta arises, it arises to know something. No citta arises without experiencing an object or an arammana. Anything which citta knows at that moment is the closest. Because at that moment, nothing else is an arammana of that particular citta. Any object which is not arammana, therefore, is far away.

      I recall one passage in one sutta which says "citta is the innermost". Nothing other than citta is inside. When each citta arises to know arammana, that arammana contacts citta to experience it. This should be the reason why nothing else is closer than arammana arising at that moment for citta to experience.

      Than Archarn, moreover, said that when kusala citta arises, kusala elements are the closest and all akusala elements are far away. When akusala citta arises, akusala elements are the closest and all kusala elements are far. Moment by moment.

      Anumodhana

      Jagkrit
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 18, 2013
        Dear Jagkrit,
        Thank you for your detailed answer. I also thought of innermost. And
        as to the object, this brings us also to the present moment: the
        object now.
        Nina.
        Op 18-mrt-2013, om 11:11 heeft jagkrit2012 het volgende geschreven: