What I heard, In India (with Christine).

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2013
      Dear friends,
      Acharn: Each moment is like a dream, it is gone completely and there
      is only memory of people and things; it is not known as just a
      reality. When sati is well founded and it is aware one realizes that
      it is just a reality. One realizes that it is not 'I' who sees. The
      beginning of understanding is knowing what is real. Seeing is real.
      When we only consider what we hear about seeing and we think that it
      is so real that cannot take away the idea of self. The Buddha showed
      the Way to have no clinging and wrong view which thinks about 'I' all
      the time, about seeing and hearing as 'I'.
      There are many levels of sati: sati of the level of listening and
      considering is different from sati which is aware of the
      characteristic of the reality that can see, and that is different
      from visible object. The best in life the Buddha gave us is showing
      the way to develop our own understanding of his teaching.
      ****