Re: An extract

  • azita
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
      Hallo Lucas,

      good reminders, Lucas. I was thinking about this earlier, and realize that if we don't have reminders about the anattaness of all things we forget very quickly and get caught up in all the concepts of our daily lives.

      Since returning to australia I have been quite busy with family, but now I have moved [again] to a friends house on an island, very beautiful and now have time for myself again.

      Even family are concepts in reality, but its almost impossible to remember that when there's a busy little one year old child hell bent on making everyone fall in love with her, she's very cute, my grand-daughter.
      The household life is certainly cluttered and dusty - because no one bothers to clean away the dust:)

      hopefully all is well for you, and thanks again for the reminders.

      Patience, courage and good cheer,
      azita

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lukas" <szmicio@...> wrote:

      > Dear friends,
      >
      > Here is an extract from Dhamma talk:
      >
      > Acharn:seeing arising and seeing sees but acctually how come to be seeing? No self, No body. While one is fast asleep no one there at all. No friend, no possesion, no name, no world.
      > But how come sound appearing? See, it indicates anattaness, when there is right time for hearing to hear whatever sound is there it has to arise..by conditions. And than goes away instantly. Unknowingly from birth to death. So it's not understanding reality at all. There is always thinking, about realities or about subject, different subject like medicine, and architecture and history. But not the understanding any reality at all. But one has to be born and die. For sure. Because acctually there is no one who is born, and no one who dies. But this is a conditioned reality.
      >
      > No one can stop it. The arising and falling away of a reality.
      >
      > What about at this moment of seeing. It is so real, because whatever is seen is seen, now...We dont need to say this is nama, which sees and the ruupa is seen. Not necessery at all. That is not the way. But the way to understand is that when there is seeing right now, there is seeing. What does it sees? What is seen? The thing that is seen is not the seeing. So there is beginning of understanding, the nature of reality.
      >
      > Best wishes
      > Lukas

    • Lukas
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
        Hi Azita,

        > good reminders, Lucas. I was thinking about this earlier, and realize that if we don't have reminders about the anattaness of all things we forget very quickly and get caught up in all the concepts of our daily lives.

        L: Everything is to be forgotten, quickly. Nothing lasts, it cannot stay even for a moment, it must fall away. Anicca, exactly according to the Buddha teachings.

        > Even family are concepts in reality, but its almost impossible to remember that when there's a busy little one year old child hell bent on making everyone fall in love with her, she's very cute, my grand-daughter.

        L: Attachement. To the feeling, I would say.

        Best wishes
        Lukas
      • philip
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
          Hi Lukas

          Thanks for this, I will add it to the file full of transcriptions.

          In case there are any people here who like to listen to Ajahn Sujin but didn't know that there is a section in "Member Files" full of straight transcriptions of her explaining Dhamma, now you do. :)

          phil

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2013
            Hi Azita & all,

            --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "azita" <gazita2002@...> wrote:

            > good reminders, Lucas. I was thinking about this earlier, and realize that if we don't have reminders about the anattaness of all things we forget very quickly and get caught up in all the concepts of our daily lives.
            S: Yes, we all need to hear many reminders as you say - reminders about dhammas as anatta.
            > Since returning to australia I have been quite busy with family, but now I have moved [again] to a friends house on an island, very beautiful and now have time for myself again.
            S: Same, same... been very busy entertaining my mother.....now "time for myself again" - what it means is just more attachment, more "me" again.....

            > Even family are concepts in reality, but its almost impossible to remember that when there's a busy little one year old child hell bent on making everyone fall in love with her, she's very cute, my grand-daughter.
            > The household life is certainly cluttered and dusty - because no one bothers to clean away the dust:)
            S: And really it's only panna, right understanding, that can do the cleaning up - the cleaning up of the kilesa, the defilements, no matter whether surrounded by cute grandchildren, alone on paradise island or in the forest in robes.

            > hopefully all is well for you, and thanks again for the reminders.
            S: Agreed with your message to Lukas. Appreciate anyone's sharing of good reminders for us all.

            Apologies to all for not writing much recently and for slow replies - I just had little opportunity whilst travelling and whilst having to take care of my mother. We've also both been down with flu bugs, but all's well now!