[dsg] Re: Reminder.

    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 12, 2013
      Dear Jagkrit,

      You explained the meaning of "dhammadaa" (naurally), well:

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "jagkrit2012" wrote:

      > JJ:
      > Than Acharn also explained this question with the word "dhammadaa" (in Thai) or "dhamma taa" (in Pali).
      >
      > "Dhamma taa" means being dhamma. Each person lifestyle is according to each person accumulation. And this is dhamma taa or natural.
      >
      > Because kusala or akusala arises according to accumulation and condition. If there are accumulation and condition of akusala, no one can stop akusala to arise. This is dhamma taa.
      >
      > When one studies dhamma and tries to obtain kusala and avoid akusala by trying to do something without understanding accumulation and condition. Is this dhamma taa? Surely, it is not and in the opposite trying to do something will accumulate more akusala of wrong view about self or sakkaya dhiti.

      S: I've always appreciated her great emphasis on "dhammadaa"....living naturally, understanding present realities.

      ====
    • jagkrit2012
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 13, 2013
        Dear Sarah and all

        > S: I've always appreciated her great emphasis on "dhammadaa"....living naturally, understanding present realities.

        JJ: Yes, me too. Because understanding dhammadaa is not dhammadaa (naturally not easy to understand, something like: common sense is not common)

        And a lot of reminders and emphasises have to be taken for consideration.

        Thank you and anumodhana

        Jagkrit
      • Lukas
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 14, 2013
          Dear Jagkrit,

          For example for me, mana(conceit) is natural. I dont need to do anything special for mana to arise. It will find its object itself.

          Best wishes
          Lukas

          > > S: I've always appreciated her great emphasis on "dhammadaa"....living naturally, understanding present realities.
          >
          > JJ: Yes, me too. Because understanding dhammadaa is not dhammadaa (naturally not easy to understand, something like: common sense is not common)
          >
          > And a lot of reminders and emphasises have to be taken for consideration.
          >
          > Thank you and anumodhana
          >
          > Jagkrit

        • jagkrit2012
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 14, 2013
            Dear Lukas

            > L: For example for me, mana(conceit) is natural. I dont need to do anything special for mana to arise. It will find its object itself.

            JJ: Yes, same to me. Mana always finds it way to arise without notice all the time. It is so natural as it is.

            Unless keeping reminder of Than Acharn to you (during fare well at Warsaw airport): "Remember, visible object!"

            When seeing sees visible object, mana seems to lose its way.

            Anumodhana

            Jagkrit
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 16, 2013
              Dear Jagkrit,

              --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "jagkrit2012" <jagkrit2012@...> wrote:

              > In Rajchaburi, Than Acharn said "Choose to do something is only thinking".
              S: With or without wrong understanding.
              >I consider more on this quote. It is exactly what it is. We've chosen or decided to do something but what happens, whether according to what we chose or not, is different. What happens is reality which arises according to set of conditions not choosing.
              >
              > Then who can choose?
              S: No one at all. As you say, just realities arising according to various conditions.

              AN VII, 67 Mental Development (1) (Bodhi transl)

              “Monks, although a monk who does not apply himself to the meditative
              development of his mind may wish, "Oh, that my mind might be
              freed from the taints by non-clinging!", yet his mind will not be freed.
              For what reason? "Because he has not developed his mind,"
              one has to say. Not developed it in what? In the four foundations of
              mindfulness, the four right kinds of striving, the four bases of
              success, the five spiritual faculties, the five spiritual powers,
              the seven factors of enlightenment and the Noble Eightfold Path.”

              Also, from "Nava Sutta" (The Ship):

              "Suppose a hen has eight, ten, or twelve eggs: If she doesn't cover them rightly, warm them rightly, or incubate them rightly, then even though this wish may occur to her â€" 'O that my chicks might break through the egg shells with their spiked claws or beaks and hatch out safely!' â€" still it is not possible that the chicks will break through the egg shells with their spiked claws or beaks and hatch out safely. Why is that? Because the hen has not covered them rightly, warmed them rightly, or incubated them rightly.

              "In the same way, even though this wish may occur to a monk who dwells without devoting himself to development â€" 'O that my mind might be released from effluents through lack of clinging!' â€" still his mind is not released from the effluents through lack of clinging. Why is that? From lack of developing, it should be said. Lack of developing what? The four frames of reference, the four right exertions, the four bases of power, the five faculties, the five strengths, the seven factors for Awakening, the noble eightfold path."
              http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn22/sn22.101.than.html

              ======
            • jagkrit2012
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 18, 2013
                Dear Sarah

                > >JJ: Then who can choose?
                > S: No one at all. As you say, just realities arising according to various conditions.
                >
                > AN VII, 67 Mental Development (1) (Bodhi transl)
                >
                > “Monks, although a monk who does not apply himself to the meditative
                > development of his mind may wish, "Oh, that my mind might be
                > freed from the taints by non-clinging!", yet his mind will not be freed.
                > For what reason? "Because he has not developed his mind,"
                > one has to say. Not developed it in what? In the four foundations of
                > mindfulness, the four right kinds of striving, the four bases of
                > success, the five spiritual faculties, the five spiritual powers,
                > the seven factors of enlightenment and the Noble Eightfold Path.”
                >
                > Also, from "Nava Sutta" (The Ship):
                >
                > "Suppose a hen has eight, ten, or twelve eggs: If she doesn't cover them rightly, warm them rightly, or incubate them rightly, then even though this wish may occur to her â€" 'O that my chicks might break through the egg shells with their spiked claws or beaks and hatch out safely!' â€" still it is not possible that the chicks will break through the egg shells with their spiked claws or beaks and hatch out safely. Why is that? Because the hen has not covered them rightly, warmed them rightly, or incubated them rightly.
                >
                > "In the same way, even though this wish may occur to a monk who dwells without devoting himself to development â€" 'O that my mind might be released from effluents through lack of clinging!' â€" still his mind is not released from the effluents through lack of clinging. Why is that? From lack of developing, it should be said. Lack of developing what? The four frames of reference, the four right exertions, the four bases of power, the five faculties, the five strengths, the seven factors for Awakening, the noble eightfold path."
                > http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn22/sn22.101.than.html

                JJ: Thank you very much for your referring of above suttas. This shows that wish is wish. What we wish happens only because of right condition. However, it can't be helped not to wish but when wish arises I could learn and understand it more and not expect too much from that wish.

                Anumodhana

                Jagkrit
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 21, 2013
                  Dear Jagkrit,

                  --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "jagkrit2012" <jagkrit2012@...> wrote:

                  > > http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn22/sn22.101.than.html
                  >
                  > JJ: Thank you very much for your referring of above suttas. This shows that wish is wish. What we wish happens only because of right condition. However, it can't be helped not to wish but when wish arises I could learn and understand it more and not expect too much from that wish.
                  S: Yes, well summarised:-)

                  Wishing is just lobha!

                  ====