Re: [dsg] Re: The Two Extremes...Sarah

  • Tam Bach
    Message 1 of 49 , Feb 12, 2013
      Dear Alex,

      >TB:So it is ignorance of the 4 Noble truths. Let's talk briefly >about >the 1rst truth.
      >"...In short, the five clinging-aggregates are stressful."

      But please don't forget the other parts of Dukkha. I understand why you leave them out, they deal with conventional truth (aging, sickness, death).

      >TB:You said Dukkha is psychology.
      -------------------

      A: I've said that Dhamma is best psychology as it deals with the mind, suffering (which is mental) and cessation of suffering.

      Tam B: Sorry for my mistake. Please replace the word Dukkha there by Dhamma. The remaining of my comment and  question stays the same.
      Does psychology deal with the 2nd and 3rd kind of Dukkha?
      Metta,
      Tam B

      Message 49 of 49 , Feb 21, 2013
        Hi Alex (and pt)

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "truth_aerator" <truth_aerator@...> wrote:

        > Hello Pt, all,
        >
        > >Pt:But, knowing that the feeling, >or perception, or anger, that is >experienced in this moment is >anatta or anicca - that is something >that is really important for >ending dukkha.
        > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

        > Here is what I wonder: Ok, so we know this. Why hasn't dukkha stopped?

        J: Dukkha is a characteristic of all conditioned dhammas. As long as there is life in samsara, there is dukkha (even for the arahant).

        Dukkha is ended only when parinibbana is attained.