Hello from Mai and welcome to DGT-Vietnam

  • maimechep
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 27, 2013
      Hello, I'm Mai - From Vietnam. It's the first time I am posting but I have known this forum for some time and it's really great here.

      I have learned Dhamma for more than one year. It's seem to me that I got lucky at the beginning, since I have seen wise people and listened their incisive explanation of Buddha's teachings. I have honor of joining two courses of dhamma discussion with Achaan Khun Sujin, one was held in Vietnam and another in Thailand for the past three weeks. I also have opportunities to associate with dhamma friends - the worthy Vietnames friends and honourable DSG friends... Thanks to all for guiding and reminding me of dhamma in daily life.

      As I promised to Sarah, I am posting some brief of 24 Paccaya discussion on DGT (please find attached link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1po0ARHNam2nkCneLUswNwa9j8Cbap3hlxZm2f8ha92U/edit) and we welcome all your comments.

      Here is the link that you can find Lukas and his partner on the hot seat: http://www.facebook.com/notes/dhammas-got-talent/introduction-of-paccaya-team-ph%E1%BA%A7n-gi%E1%BB%9Bi-thi%E1%BB%87u-c%E1%BB%A7a-%C4%91%E1%BB%99i-24-duy%C3%AAn-h%E1%BB%87/388114024617975

      (But you mustsign in your Facebook first)

      My English language still need a lot of improvement and I will do my best to follow your discussions :).

      Once again thank you for your assistance of right understanding development.

      Mai
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 27, 2013
        Hi Mai,

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "maimechep" wrote:

        > Hello, I'm Mai - From Vietnam. It's the first time I am posting but I have known this forum for some time and it's really great here.
        S: Great to read your intro, thanks for sharing it. It was lovely to spend time with you, both Tams, Hang and Hai in Thailand recently and to share your enthusiasm and keen interest in the Dhamma.
        ..
        > I have learned Dhamma for more than one year. It's seem to me that I got lucky at the beginning, since I have seen wise people and listened their incisive explanation of Buddha's teachings. I have honor of joining two courses of dhamma discussion with Achaan Khun Sujin, one was held in Vietnam and another in Thailand for the past three weeks. I also have opportunities to associate with dhamma friends - the worthy Vietnames friends and honourable DSG friends... Thanks to all for guiding and reminding me of dhamma in daily life.
        S: Thank you for your help and support too.

        As for the 'promises', what you told me you were going to do, as I understood, was to post the English discussion on conditions by Lan & Lukas here on DSG in extracts, so that we can read it here and add any of our comments. Alternatively, perhaps Lan or Lukas can summarise for us.

        I think you and Tam were also going to share some of your pics, such as the one of Tam with her new Significant Other:-)

        Back in Hong Kong - laundry and messes everywhere.....

        Nina, do hope you had a good trip home and are getting some rest.

        Lukas & Tam, best wishes for your trips home tomorrow.

        ====
      • jagkrit2012
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 27, 2013
          Hello Mai, Sarah and all

          Very welcome you to join DSG and thank you for you posting about 24 Paccaya. Your discussions with our Vietnamese friends and Locus are very interesting. The way of presenting Dhamma is also interesting to follow.

          I'm glad that we had chances with our friends to join dhamma discussion with Than Acharn Sujin for almost a month. It was the precious time to have a chance to understand dhamma besides T.A.Sujin's explanation with good friends like Nina, Sarah, Jon, Sukin and others.

          I'm looking forward to the next round of discussion in Ho Chi Min city soon. And see you all there.

          Fare well to you and Tam and others have a nice trip back home.

          And Lucus, I have not have much chance to talk to you here. But I see you in Vietnam soon.

          Thank you again to all DSG friends for kusala we had shared.

          Anumodhana

          Jagkrit
        • salaflowers
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 27, 2013
            Dear Sarah,

            Even I couldnt attend the trip but I'm quite familiar with names, photos of some DSGers and also discussions updated by you almost everyday or some funny stories, events during the trip :)

            I didnt think that our discussion will be read by many professional member of DSG. Not confident enough. I'm still almost new to Paccay, have to look for documents and read while answering questions :P

            I'll need to ask you and others from DSG to support me in some hard cases for answers and better understanding :)

            Thanks in advance,

            Lan./.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 27, 2013
              Dear Lan,

              good to hear from you!

              --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "salaflowers" wrote:

              > Even I couldnt attend the trip but I'm quite familiar with names, photos of some DSGers and also discussions updated by you almost everyday or some funny stories, events during the trip :)
              S: I'd like to hear about those funny stories and events too:) Hope Tam, Mai and others will share them here with us!

              Just seen the great pic of Tam & Mai with their new Significant Other!!

              Mai, remember the pic of your little girl too and your Son/Sun - your little girl's Dad:-))

              > I didnt think that our discussion will be read by many professional member of DSG. Not confident enough. I'm still almost new to Paccay, have to look for documents and read while answering questions :P
              ..
              S: No professionals here - we're all just beginners on the Path, so no excuses not to share your reflections and study more with us: P

              Now we're reflecting on Dhamma. What conditions? Any self that's reflecting?
              ..
              > I'll need to ask you and others from DSG to support me in some hard cases for answers and better understanding :)
              ..
              S: We'd like to help with the easy answers too!

              What is the arammana (object) now which conditions citta?

              Looking forward to more discussions in Vietnam with you in Sept.

              For others: in early Sept, we'll be visiting S.Vietnam for Dhamma discussions with A.Sujin and our Vietnamese friends. If you're interested to join us, pls let us know. Also, next Jan there will be two weeks of discussions in Thailand again with lots of friends, including many Vietnamese, Nina, ourselves and others.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 27, 2013
                Dear Jagkrit,

                --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "jagkrit2012" wrote:

                > Thank you again to all DSG friends for kusala we had shared.

                S: Thank you also to all our Thai friends, including yourself, for all the assistance and generosity during our stay. We also value your participation a lot in all the discussions both 'live' and here, Jagkrit.

                Hope you can encourage Vice-Admiral, your wife and daughter and many other friends to join us here as well.

                p.s Best wishes to your daughter, Dream for her wedding next week.
                ====
              • Tam Bach
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
                  Dear Sarah,Jon, Jagkrit, Alberto, Lukas, all

                  We (Mai and me) reached home this morning, safe and sound. Son and "Dad" ;-) came to meet us at the aiport. "Dad" was cute in a pink jacket, greeted us with a big smile revealing a carious tooth and said : "it is because of too much candies"...

                  Thanks all of you for being such wonderful Dhamma friends. We value very much the last three weeks together for all what we have learnt from Achaan and other Dhamma friends, as well as for moments of friendliness and fun.

                  Looking forward to see you in Vietnam on Sept!

                    Dear Lan,

                  good to hear from you!

                  --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "salaflowers" wrote:

                  > Even I couldnt attend the trip but I'm quite familiar with names, photos of some DSGers and also discussions updated by you almost everyday or some funny stories, events during the trip :)
                  S: I'd like to hear about those funny stories and events too:) Hope Tam, Mai and others will share them here with us!

                  Just seen the great pic of Tam & Mai with their new Significant Other!!

                  Mai, remember the pic of your little girl too and your Son/Sun - your little girl's Dad:-))

                  > I didnt think that our discussion will be read by many professional member of DSG. Not confident enough. I'm still almost new to Paccay, have to look for documents and read while answering questions :P
                  ..
                  S: No professionals here - we're all just beginners on the Path, so no excuses not to share your reflections and study more with us: P

                  Now we're reflecting on Dhamma. What conditions? Any self that's reflecting?
                  ..
                  > I'll need to ask you and others from DSG to support me in some hard cases for answers and better understanding :)
                  ..
                  S: We'd like to help with the easy answers too!

                  What is the arammana (object) now which conditions citta?

                  Looking forward to more discussions in Vietnam with you in Sept.

                  For others: in early Sept, we'll be visiting S.Vietnam for Dhamma discussions with A.Sujin and our Vietnamese friends. If you're interested to join us, pls let us know. Also, next Jan there will be two weeks of discussions in Thailand again with lots of friends, including many Vietnamese, Nina, ourselves and others.

                • Lukas
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
                    Dear Jagkrit,

                    > And Lucus, I have not have much chance to talk to you here. But I see you in Vietnam soon.

                    L: Yes, not many opportunities to talk together, though we saw many times. I usually felt happy to see you, and to see you are doing so good in Dhamma, always listening Dhamma with kindness and deep investigation. Since now not many chances to converse together, Jagkrit. But this is perfect as it is. Sometimes no need to talk much.
                    Maybe the time will come we will talk for a while, who knows? Yasmim samaye.

                    Best wishes
                    Lukas

                    p.s
                    Sarah and all, I come Poland. Very tired after planes. I just inform everything fine.
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
                      Dear Lukas,

                      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lukas" wrote:

                      > Maybe the time will come we will talk for a while, who knows? Yasmim samaye.
                      S: Yes, as usual, all dhammas depending on conditions. Perhaps there will be conditions for you and Jagkrit to converse together more here.
                      > p.s
                      > Sarah and all, I come Poland. Very tired after planes. I just inform everything fine.
                      S: Thanks for letting us know. It is a long trip to Poland. Hope you get a good rest and so glad all is fine. Keep us posted! Really appreciated your active participation in all the discussions.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
                        Hi Lukas

                        > Sarah and all, I come Poland. Very tired after planes. I just inform everything fine.
                        > ===============

                        J: Thanks for letting us know. Was great having you in Thailand for the talks. Looking forward to continuing the discussion here.

                        Jon

                        PS Good luck with re-entry to your life in Poland. No doubt there will be some sense of let-down after the excitement of the past few weeks. Just remember that it's only feeling (and thinking)!!
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
                          Hi Tam

                          --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, Tam Bach wrote:

                          > Dear Sarah,Jon, Jagkrit, Alberto, Lukas, all
                          >
                          > We (Mai and me) reached home this morning, safe and sound. Son and "Dad" ;-) came to meet us at the aiport. "Dad" was cute in a pink jacket, greeted us with a big smile revealing a carious tooth and said : "it is because of too much candies"...
                          >
                          > Thanks all of you for being such wonderful Dhamma friends. We value very much the last three weeks together for all what we have learnt from Achaan and other Dhamma friends, as well as for moments of friendliness and fun.
                          > ===============

                          J: Thanks for the update. It was a delight having you all there, and sharing an understanding of the teachings.

                          > ===============
                          > Looking forward to see you in Vietnam on Sept!
                          > ===============

                          J: Already looking forward to it!

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
                            Hi Mai

                            Welcome to DSG from me. I know you have a keen interest in the teachings, and that you appreciate the importance of understanding the present moment reality.

                            Looking forward to your presence on the list. See if you can persuade Sun to join also!

                            Jon

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
                              Dear Sarah,

                              > S: We'd like to help with the easy answers too!

                              Lan: Actually every question is not easy for me, but how can I ask all :D

                              > S: Looking forward to more discussions in Vietnam with you in Sept.

                              Lan: The trip in Sep was decided too quickly, before I could inform that I already had the tickets to Myanmar and back on Sep 10...Are there any other trips of Achan this year, in Thai or any other countries?

                              I can come to the foundation at the first (two) weeks of July.

                              Lan./.
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
                                Dear Lan,

                                --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "salaflowers" wrote:

                                > > S: Looking forward to more discussions in Vietnam with you in Sept.
                                >
                                > Lan: The trip in Sep was decided too quickly, before I could inform that I already had the tickets to Myanmar and back on Sep 10...
                                S: That's unfortunate. I think later in Sept would have also been OK for Ajahn, but there's a Vietnamese holiday in early Sept. Do hope you can adjust your plans as we'd really like to have you with us in particular for the discussions. We missed you this time!
                                ..
                                >Are there any other trips of Achan this year, in Thai or any other countries?
                                S: There are other trips, but not in English that I know of. However, next month I think Tam B may be meeting Achan and some Thai friends in Hue for a couple of days, so you might like to join her.
                                > I can come to the foundation at the first (two) weeks of July.
                                S: If you arrange anything, let us know in case we can visit. At the moment, we're expecting to be in Aus at that time.

                                ===