Re: What Ivan said

  • philip
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
      Hi all

      Sorry to hear about Ivan. I pass on a post that I wrote after meeting him for the first time a couple of years ago.

      Also, I posted quite a few of his posts in a series called "letters from Ivan" that you can find by the search function. They are worth looking for...

      Phil

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2013
        Dear Phil & all,

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "philip" wrote:

        > Sorry to hear about Ivan. I pass on a post that I wrote after meeting him for the first time a couple of years ago.

        S: Good to share these comments again and I'll show them or forward them to his wife, Ell.

        This morning we all drove through some beautiful countryside to a harbour pier at the mouth of a river and travelled out to sea in a police launch with the urn of ashes and buckets of flower petals.

        Out at sea, a monk made a blessing and then the urn of ashes was lowered into the water along with the incense sticks we each had and all the handfuls of flower petals with left a trail and then formed a circle as we drove around. Very lovely.

        All gone, like the citta now and now..... nothing left at all.

        Ivan's family were all very cheerful and appreciative of the support of so many Dhamma friends.

        Living alone now with seeing, hearing or thinking..... no matter where we are, no matter what realm. Just one citta at a time.

      • Maipenrai Dhammasaro
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 19, 2013
          Good friends all,

          1. Thanks for posting the photos on Ivan.

          2. We all have deaths in our families & friends...

          My young grand-daughter's spouse died last month... much too young...

          Last week we participated in a funeral service near Washington DC. It was in honor of a vary famous Thai dancer.

          Slightly over 100 days ago, my aunt died... in the Thai tradition, we had a 100-Day Death Rememberance Service at Wat Mongoltepmunee (near Philadelphia, PA) last Thursday.

          Such is life...

          peace...

          yours in the Dhamma-vinaya,

          Chuck

          Post script:

          Twice in Thailand, we traveled to International Waters of the Gulf of Thailand via the Police Patrol boat - we circled three times after putting the urn in the water and dropped flower petals into the water as we circled...

          More recently, on the auto ferry between New Jersey & Delaware (USA), a friend, the widow Thai-American wife placed the urn of her late husband ashes in the water...

          [Rest deleted by Chuck]