Re: A visit to the dentist

  • truth_aerator
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 13, 2012
      Phil,

      >Alex, we don't grieve because people exist, we grieve because >of >lobha related to ideas about people.

      If we didn't experience existence of people, then there would be no lobha.

      >I think beings do have existence but there can only be experience of >people as xoncepts.

      People and things do exist, but in a mode of anicca, asubha, dukkha, anatta.

      People and things that are nicca, sukkha, atta do not exist.

      With best wishes,

      Alex
    • Maipenrai Dhammasaro
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 5, 2013
        Good friend Herman, et al
        How have you progressed in your tooth situation?
        FWIW, some four years ago the dentists at the Bangkok General Hospital wanted to remove two molars on my lower right jaw at the same time!!!

        I panicked... soon I thought I was having an heart attack and was in the hospital for several days...

        It was all mental...

        I still have the two molars with no pain... I attribute meditation as my solution...

        peace...

        yours in the Dhamma-vinaya,

        [Rest deleted by Chuck]