Re: 'Patthana' in 'Satipatthana'

  • salaflowers
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 11, 2012
      Dear Sarah and Nina,

      Thank you for your care about me :)

      Sarah, do you want to put me into the hot seat, again, hehe?

      There are a lot of things useful, detailed and clear about realities which arise and pass away when listening to discussions here. Deep and professional ;)

      That's a good way to discuss because even reading the same sutta or same book but different understanding about those things written.

      It's not a problem for me to practise or not practise. Just did it, in a traditional way, by conditions. That's not to attach, not to reject.

      The first time, last year, Sis Tambach sent me some short teachings of Achan, I read a bit then informed her that could not get in, later see more usefulness. Some books already in my rack for years but didnt open those (but others) until one day, read and feel interest. That is, by conditions.

      Everyday waking up, checking mail, reading some messages from DSG, raising question if any comes, naturally. That's enough for me. Here and now, not ready for Jan or anything else :)

      With respect and metta,

      Lan./.

      <...>
      > S: I think, as we discussed in Hanoi, that we have to carefully consider the meaning of each word. For example, "vipassana", what is it? What does it mean to "practice vipassana"? If there is not the direct understanding now of realities, such as seeing and visible object, can there be any understanding of the impermanence of realities? If there is not the understanding of these realities, isn't it always "I" who is practising or meditating or trying to be aware?
      <...>
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 12, 2012
        Dear salaflowers,
        Op 12-dec-2012, om 5:52 heeft salaflowers het volgende geschreven:

        > Everyday waking up, checking mail, reading some messages from DSG,
        > raising question if any comes, naturally. That's enough for me.
        > Here and now, not ready for Jan or anything else :)
        ------
        N: That is very good what you are doing. I would say, keep on asking
        if something is not quite clear. Even if you keep on asking, it is
        very good, the way to understand more.

        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 20, 2012
          Dear Lan,

          --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "salaflowers" <nguyen.lanp@...> wrote:

          > Thank you for your care about me :)
          >
          > Sarah, do you want to put me into the hot seat, again, hehe?
          S: Always happy to do this, Lan:-)

          > There are a lot of things useful, detailed and clear about realities which arise and pass away when listening to discussions here. Deep and professional ;)
          >
          > That's a good way to discuss because even reading the same sutta or same book but different understanding about those things written.
          S: Very true.

          > It's not a problem for me to practise or not practise. Just did it, in a traditional way, by conditions. That's not to attach, not to reject.
          S: Actually, just conditioned dhammas, no matter how our lives go.
          ..

          > The first time, last year, Sis Tambach sent me some short teachings of Achan, I read a bit then informed her that could not get in, later see more usefulness. Some books already in my rack for years but didnt open those (but others) until one day, read and feel interest. That is, by conditions.
          S: Yes, we never know what will happen or what we'll take an interest in.

          > Everyday waking up, checking mail, reading some messages from DSG, raising question if any comes, naturally. That's enough for me. Here and now, not ready for Jan or anything else :)
          S: Good. Look forward to any qus anytime. Just "here and now", realities to be known. Ready for whatever appears now!

          Did you listen to any of the edited recordings from Poland or the ones we're editing and uploading now from Kaeng Krachan 2012? I think you'd appreciate these a lot.

          p.s would be nice if you and Tam and any of the other members could put your photos in the member album on the homepage.
          =====
        • Tam Bach
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 21, 2012
            Dear Sarah,

            S: p.s would be nice if you and Tam and any of the other members could put your photos in the member album on the homepage.

            Wait, wait, Sarah, we have to find our most beautiful pictures first :-)))!

            Tam

          • salaflowers
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 23, 2012
              Dear Sara,

              > Dear Lan,
              >
              > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "salaflowers" <nguyen.lanp@> wrote:
              >
              > > Thank you for your care about me :)
              > >
              > > Sarah, do you want to put me into the hot seat, again, hehe?
              > S: Always happy to do this, Lan:-)
              > >
              > > There are a lot of things useful, detailed and clear about realities which arise and pass away when listening to discussions here. Deep and professional ;)
              > >
              > > That's a good way to discuss because even reading the same sutta or same book but different understanding about those things written.
              > S: Very true.

              L: But sometimes I also get lost in following discussions. Because you know, I'm almost new to Abhidhamma, still at the period of receiving basic knowledge while some questions or answers are not firm or of personal opinion :)

              > > It's not a problem for me to practise or not practise. Just did it, in a traditional way, by conditions. That's not to attach, not to reject.
              > S: Actually, just conditioned dhammas, no matter how our lives go.
              > ..
              > >
              > > The first time, last year, Sis Tambach sent me some short teachings of Achan, I read a bit then informed her that could not get in, later see more usefulness. Some books already in my rack for years but didnt open those (but others) until one day, read and feel interest. That is, by conditions.
              > S: Yes, we never know what will happen or what we'll take an interest in.
              > >
              > > Everyday waking up, checking mail, reading some messages from DSG, raising question if any comes, naturally. That's enough for me. Here and now, not ready for Jan or anything else :)
              > S: Good. Look forward to any qus anytime. Just "here and now", realities to be known. Ready for whatever appears now!
              >
              > Did you listen to any of the edited recordings from Poland or the ones we're editing and uploading now from Kaeng Krachan 2012? I think you'd appreciate these a lot.

              L: I've just downloaded some and will listen to them later. Sadhu for all what you all have done to propagate the Dhamma!

              > Metta
              >
              > Sarah
              >
              > p.s would be nice if you and Tam and any of the other members could put your photos in the member album on the homepage.

              L: Okey, I'll :)

              With metta,

              Lan./.