Re: [dsg] Re: Poland, (2012-09-13-pm-b-00-a), what is dhamma (2).

  • Herman
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 23 5:18 PM
      Hi Sarah, KenH,

      On 18 November 2012 20:44, sarah <sarahprocterabbott@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Dear Friends,
      >
      > > Acharn: <Is there any difference between living in the world of
      > > concepts and living in the world of absolute realities? What is the
      > > difference? It is actually: living in the world of ignorance and
      > > living in the world of right understanding.
      > S: This is the point that Ken H and others of us try to stress - no matter
      > what concepts are used to describe our daily life, in fact there are only
      > absolute realities, paramattha dhammas, arising and falling away from
      > moment to moment.

      This, too, is merely the statement of a view.

      It is a particularly self-defeating statement of a view, at that. A more

      This is a statement (about x, y, z). But in fact, there are no statements.

      --
      Cheers

      Herman

      I do not know what I do not know

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2012
        Hi Herman,

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, Herman <hhofmeister@...> wrote:

        > > > Acharn: <Is there any difference between living in the world of
        > > > concepts and living in the world of absolute realities? What is the
        > > > difference? It is actually: living in the world of ignorance and
        > > > living in the world of right understanding.
        > > S: This is the point that Ken H and others of us try to stress - no matter
        > > what concepts are used to describe our daily life, in fact there are only
        > > absolute realities, paramattha dhammas, arising and falling away from
        > > moment to moment.
        >H: This, too, is merely the statement of a view.
        >
        > It is a particularly self-defeating statement of a view, at that. A more
        > concise paraphrase of it would be:
        >
        > This is a statement (about x, y, z). But in fact, there are no statements.
        S: Right, no statements, just realities. Exactly what was being said.

        ====
      • Herman
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2012
          Hi Sarah,

          On 3 December 2012 19:34, sarah <sarahprocterabbott@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi Herman,

          > > > S: This is the point that Ken H and others of us try to stress - no
          > matter
          > > > what concepts are used to describe our daily life, in fact there are
          > only
          > > > absolute realities, paramattha dhammas, arising and falling away from
          > > > moment to moment.
          > >H: This, too, is merely the statement of a view.
          >

          > > It is a particularly self-defeating statement of a view, at that. A more
          > > concise paraphrase of it would be:
          > >
          > > This is a statement (about x, y, z). But in fact, there are no
          > statements.
          > S: Right, no statements, just realities. Exactly what was being said.

          So, there is something "being said", is there?

          Sending out an emails like this is just so self-defeating, Sarah. You
          should be very careful who you write this sort of babble to, some out there
          lack the discernment to realise you don't actually believe it at all.

          --
          Cheers

          Herman

          I do not know what I do not know

        • philip
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
            Hi Herman

            > Sending out an emails like this is just so self-defeating, Sarah. You
            > should be very careful who you write this sort of babble to, some out there
            > lack the discernment to realise you don't actually believe it at all.

            Possibly it's Sarah who the lacks discernment to stop wasting time on you, or possibly she is just plain unlimited in her generosity. There is something in Tibetan Buddhism called idiot compassion. I guess it refers to lobha rooted cittas wanting to be nice to everyone no matter how abusive they are. But in Sarah's case it could be metta and othee kusala factors. More likely a mix of both

            As for me, at this moment cittas typically (accumulatuions) rooted in dosa condition bodily intimation of typing "if you think the teacher behind the foundation of this group is so fraudulent, maybe it's time for you to go away." (That rare "ciao" last week had my hopes up!)

            Phil

            p.s Today I heard my mother is dying, good chance to use emotional distress as a cover to write the above while still getting sympathy! Moderators, back in a week or so.
          • Herman
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
              Hi Phil,

              Oh, you're Mum is dying, is she?