Re: [dsg] Re: The Great Compassion of the Buddha

  • han tun
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2012
      Dear Sarah,

      Thank you very much for your kind words and appreciation.
      That has been the greatest reward for me.

      with metta and respect,
      Han

      --- On Sun, 10/28/12, sarah <sarahprocterabbott@...> wrote:
      Dear Han,

      S: Yes excellent (#127347). I hadn't read this post when I made my other comments. I appreciate all your hard work a lot.
      S: Good comments and as you suggest, it is made very clear why the Buddha's compassion is incomparable.
      > The Paa.li word "lokasannivaaso" is interesting. "loka-sannivaasa" is translated by Ven Bhikkhu Nanamoli as "worldly life". PTS Dictionary gives the meaning as "the society of men", "all the world" (page 679). The reader may take the meaning he/she prefers.
      S: Thank you and anumodana.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2012
        Dear Han,
        This is one of my favorites of the Pa.tisambidhaamagga.
        Is it on line, or did you type it all out? I keep it in my file of
        Pali readings.
        anumodana,
        Nina.

        Op 23-okt-2012, om 22:31 heeft han tun het volgende geschreven:

        > This is the Perfect One's knowledge of the attainment of the Great
        > Compassion.
        > Ida.m tathaagatassa mahaakaru.naasamaapattiyaa ~naa.na.m.

      • han tun
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 28, 2012
          Dear Nina,

          The Paa.li text is available on line, but the English translation I have to type it.
          Thank you very much for your anumodana, Nina.
          It gives me the strength to continue posting messages.

          with metta and respect,
          Han