Re: [dsg] The Debate : Soul In The Breath?/Going Forth

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 27, 2012
      Dear Yawares,

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Yawares Sastri" <yawares1@...> wrote:

      > I have the debate in full detail..very beautiful answer from Thera Nagasena...if you would like to read the detail I'll post it.
      S: I'm appreciating all the Milinda debate extracts you're posting. Short extracts are fine. Or a long debate can always be posted in parts. I've always enjoyed these passages and like to read them again as you post them.

      You asked about our trip to Bangkok, I think? Jon lived there in the 70s for many years and we always go at least a couple of times a year to spend time with Ajahn Sujin and other Dhamma friends. We used to also go to nice beaches, but haven't done so for a while (as we live on a beach in Australia). I've never been much interested in sight-seeing or shopping, so avoid these if I can:-)

      We'll be in Thailand for most of January as I've mentioned on DSG - 3 mini-trips with A.Sujin and Dhamma friends, including several from DSG. Let us know if you'll be in Thailand at this time - it would be nice to meet you and Tep.

    • Yawares Sastri
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 28, 2012
        Dear Sarah,

        Thank you very much for reading my Milindapanha.

        I and Tep will not go to Thailand anymore, our moms/dads passed away years ago. Tep had hard time to fly 24 hrs flight-time to Bangkok, his long legs didn't like small space.

        You're so lucky to live near the beach and Australia is much closer to Thailand than USA to Bangkok.

        Sincerely,
        yawares