Fw: yoniso manasikara

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 16, 2012
      S: I think this was meant for DSG
      --------

      ----- Forwarded Message -----

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 22, 2012
        Dear Tam,

        >T:... I didn't know that yoniso manasikara arises with all kusala cittas.
        S: I would put it this way: Whenever kusala cittas arise, there is wise attention, yoniso manasikara.

        >T: I guess yoniso manasikara in the context of one of the four conditions for the arising of panna is the one accompanied by understanding?
        S: As one of the four conditions for becoming a sotapanna, it is the wise attention and consideration with panna of what has been heard of the Teachings. Without pariyatti, there is no development of right understanding of realities.

        >T: Good to always be called back to what appears now!
        S: Yes, this is all that matters.... always alone with the moment of experience, the citta now! We have lovely dreams about Sri Lanka, Vietnam discussions, our family and friends, but there is just a moment of seeing now, thinking now, gone never to return.

        ====
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 23, 2012
          Dear Lukas and Sarah,
          Op 23-okt-2012, om 8:34 heeft sarah het volgende geschreven:

          > We have lovely dreams about Sri Lanka, Vietnam discussions, our
          > family and friends, but there is just a moment of seeing now,
          > thinking now, gone never to return.
          -----
          N: gone never to return, when thinking of a person it is difficult to
          swallow, but true. We wake up from a beautiful dream.
          And then Lukas reminded me, quoting again friend Wojtek.

          Lukas: Yes, this is true, if more understanding, more kusala, but
          little by little. I remember Acharn words, that I noted at a pice of
          paper and carrying with me in my pocket for some time: "If there is
          light, there is no darkness. And it can grow little by little."

          As Wojtek reminded us all:
          'Is seeing a problem , is hearing a problem?'
          we are apt to forget this all the time and thinking a stories of
          Dhamma. But right understanding, non-forgetfulness to all kinds of
          realities that happens, this is a biggest help.

          -----

          N: Back to the reality now, and we know that seeing cannot stay, even
          though this is only intellectually known, not directly. I am thinking
          of stories a lot and it makes me sad. Like Lukas, I should note a
          reminder like this on a piece of paper and carry it with me.

          --------

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
            Dear Nina, Phil, Lukas & all,

            --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, Nina van Gorkom <vangorko@...> wrote:

            > N: Back to the reality now, and we know that seeing cannot stay, even
            > though this is only intellectually known, not directly. I am thinking
            > of stories a lot and it makes me sad....
            S: I was listening to a recording from Egypt on my flight. K.Sujin was talking to you and Alan W about how sanna and citta vipallasa (perversions of sanna and citta) always arise together with all akusala cittas, but sometimes the perversion of sanna is very apparent, such as when you wake up and think you're in a different place, and sometimes citta vipallasa is more apparent, such as when there is a long story about someone or a place without any awareness.
            KS: You think a lot of someone and where is that being? Only a story in your mind. You make it up by thinking. The previous experiences condition the thought of someone, some being.

            That's why one learns to understand what is meant by being alone with visual object at the moment of seeing - nobody there at that very moment. Being alone at the moment of experiencing sound, because there is no idea or concept of someone at that very moment. But later on you are not alone again.

            So fast it can be vipallasa rapidly from moment to moment.

            A: Even though you are surrounded by many people, you are alone when there is awareness and thats the real meaning of being alone.

            KS: Now, there are people on the street, see? You are not alone. But when it's only visual object.....

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
              Dear Sarah,
              thank you, very good. I heard another recording about being alone and
              I will post it.
              Nina.
              Op 2-nov-2012, om 11:07 heeft sarah het volgende geschreven: