Re: [dsg] Re: Death.

    Message 1 of 125 , Oct 2, 2012
      Dear Kanchana,
      thank you. Only the dhamma can help us, that is true.
      I am glad to see you here in dsg,

      Nina.
      Op 2-okt-2012, om 8:45 heeft Kanchana het volgende geschreven:

      > Dear Nina,
      > May your deep understanding in dhamma comfort you in this sad
      > situation.

    • Herman
      Message 125 of 125 , Nov 8, 2012
        Hi RobE,

        On 4 November 2012 12:31, Robert E <epsteinrob@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi Herman.
        >
        > --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, Herman <hhofmeister@...> wrote:
        >
        > > > But it wouldn't be unfair to say that ignorance in Buddhism is also a
        > lack
        > > > of skill. But then we'd have to talk about what skill means in that
        > context.
        > > >

        > > I would say, in the broadest possible terms. that skill in the Buddhist
        > > context is knowing how to not suffer.
        >
        > I think that's skipping to the conclusion. I would say echoing those terms
        > that skill is knowing how to follow the path to end suffering. It's
        > gradual. No one knows how to not suffer until they get to the end, and you
        > can't skip steps.

        Being the proud ignoramus that I am, freedom from suffering is only ever
        temporary / temporal. And that can't be any other way, can it?

        --
        Cheers

        Herman

        I do not know what I do not know