AN transl by Bodhi - very briefly

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2012
      Dear Friends,

      Just this minute received our copy of the new AN translation and a thick, beautiful volume it is too.

      All I've done in haste, since posting my last message, is to check what he's done with the commentary note to the Luminous Sutta - I'd decided this would be my check:)

      Anyway, the very good news is that  the commentary explanation is given in full. BB then goes on to add an extra page of reasoning as to why he finds the commentary explanation problematic. Fair enough - it's made very clear which is commentary and which is his personal comment. Often, I think, just a commentary summary is given when he doesn't find it controversial.

      Lots of notes. At a very brief glance, highly recommended like his other translations of Pitaka texts.

      metta

      Sarah
      ======
    • Maipenrai Dhammasaro
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2012
        Good friends all,

        Yes, on first brief review, I agree. I purchased three (3) copies (pre-publication) and received four days ago. Two copies are to be gifts.

        I see Bhikkhu Bodhi is no longer in New Jersey, USA. He is now at Chuang Yen Monastery, Carmel, New York, USA.

        peace...

        yours in the Dhamma-vinaya,

        Chuck

        http://wisdompubs.org/Pages/display.lasso?-KeyValue=33160&-Token.Action=Search&image=1
        To: dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com
        From: sarahprocterabbott@...

        Just this minute received our copy of the new AN translation and a thick, beautiful volume it is too.

        <...>