[DhammaStudyGroup] Robert's article

  • amara chay
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 9, 2000
      Dear friends in the dhamma,
      Robert has kindly sent us a great article, 'Correspondence with Robert'
      which I have just finished uploading. It's a must for those who have
      practised or are practising samatha and very interesting for those (like me)
      who have never experienced it! For easier access click
      here:<DhammaStudy.com>.
      Comments appreciated,
      Amara
    • Robert Kirkpatrick
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 10, 2000
        Thank you for the kind words Amara. If anyone has time
        to read it and can give some comments and criticism I
        would much appreciate it. I just reread it and noticed
        a couple of punctuation mistakes(never have been good
        at punctuation-I blame the New Zealnad education
        system).
        I'm writing another article which further develops the
        same theme.
        Robert

        http://click.egroups.com/1/1154/4/_/252904/_/950168161/

        > -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
        > --

        http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=dhammastudygroup&m=1

        http://im.yahoo.com
      • amara chay
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 10, 2000
          I'm sorry the 'click here' didn't work last time, let me try again :
          <http://www.dhammastudy.com/> just to see if it works!
        • Robert Kirkpatrick
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 23, 2000
            Dear Sarah ,
            It is under the beginner section of the English
            section. Here is the
            url:http://www.dhammastudy.com/corr.html
            Robert

            http://click.egroups.com/1/1610/4/_/252904/_/951303459/

            > -- 20 megs of disk space in your group's Document
            > Vault
            > --

            http://www.egroups.com/docvault/dhammastudygroup/?m=1

            http://im.yahoo.com
          • Sarah Procter Abbott
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 23, 2000

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6, 2000
                Robert, only just got round to reading 'Correspondence with Robert' and I
                found it very good!.....as you said, maybe a little polishing up later, but
                a lot of good material. Keep it up. I'd like to encourage anyone who hasn't
                read it to do so at the website below. (I gave my printout to J. after a
                quick read, so can't make further comments until I have it in front of me
                again...will do so then).

                By the way, Amara & Alan, it would be useful to have the website appear here
                in blue so anyone can just 'zap' it as they do on other sites. Maybe Tom &
                Bev can help w/ this!

                >Dear Sarah ,
                >It is under the beginner section of the English
                >section. Here is the
                >url:http://www.dhammastudy.com/corr.html
                >Robert
                > >
                > > >Thank you for the kind words Amara. If anyone has
                > > time
                > > >to read it and can give some comments and criticism
                > > >would much appreciate it. I just reread it and
                > > noticed
                > > >a couple of punctuation mistakes(never have been
                > > good
                > > >at punctuation-I blame the New Zealnad education
                > > >system).
                > > >I'm writing another article which further develops
                > > the
                > > >same theme.
                > > >Robert

                > > must
                > > access

              • Jonothan Abbott
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 24, 2000
                  >Thank you for the kind words Amara. If anyone has time
                  >to read it and can give some comments and criticism I
                  >would much appreciate it.

                  Robert
                  Have just read your article. Interesting and well-written. You have a good
                  style. Do keep up the writing.
                  Jonothan