Re: [dsg] Re: what demarcates citta?

  • Vince
    Message 1 of 276 , May 31, 2012
      Dear Sarah

      you wrote:

      > As the Buddha tells us, no simile can account for the speed of a citta arising and
      > falling away. We don't demarcate them, but each citta which arises and falls away is
      > "demarcated" by its nature of arising, existing and falling away immediately. In the
      > time it takes for a rupa, such as visible object to fall away, 17 cittas including
      > seeing consciousness have arisen and fallen away. Therefore, it's impossible that one
      > citta of seeing could experience more than one object. The same applies to hearing - it
      > may seem that the hearing citta experiences different sounds, but this is because
      > there's no understanding now of hearing, let alone its impermanence.

      Do you think this impossibility needs of the surrender to the fact that we (the self)
      cannot control nothing at all?.
      I say this to know a possible connection with dry-insight. and some position of not being
      focused in any object as a type of surrender.

      When we read about the speed of citta, many times we think "that's impossible, that's not
      logical, I cannot conceive that". However, the real meaning can be "the self cannot catch that"

      thanks,

      Vince.
      Message 276 of 276 , Jun 11, 2012
        Dear Vince,

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, Vince <cerovzt@...> wrote:

        > thank you very much. I'm planning the evasion from my job in summer but still is too early
        > to know exact dates. Probably I will know it in July then I will send you an email. It would be
        > great meet you in DSG :)
        S: We are planning on 24th August for about 10 days. It'll be a good time for discussions if you can join.

        ====