Dhs

  • ptaus1
    Message 1 of 79 , Apr 26 9:10 PM
      Hi all,

      I started going through dhammasangani slowly, I hope it's alright to post a few questions about it now and then.

      1. In the matrix, the third triplet is:

      (ka) vipākā dhammā.<br>
      (kha) vipākadhammadhammā.<br>
      (ga) nevavipākanavipākadhammadhammā.

      The translation (Rhys Davids):
      States that are results; that have resultant quality; that are neither.

      I read the commentary on that triplet, but to get a better understanding:
      - an example of the first verse (results) would be basically all vipaka cittas, right? Basically eye-consciousness, ear-consciousness, etc? And would it also include the cetasikas that arise with them?

      - an example of the second verse (resultant quality) would be all kusala and akusala cittas and cetasikas, right? Or would it only refer to a/kusala cetana with javana cittas?

      2. Every triplet in the matrix in pali is preceded by ka (first verse), kha (second verse), ga (third verse).

      What do these ka, kha and ga stand for?

      Best wishes
      pt
      Message 79 of 79 , Sep 30, 2012
        Hi Pt,

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "ptaus1" <ptaus1@...> wrote:

        > Thanks, I think I understand this now a bit. I do like the interpretation that those akusala dhammas (fetters) are eradicated, but so are the certain kinds of moha, lobha and dosa. E.g. sotapanna eradicates the three fetters, as well as the kinds of moha that correspond with those three fetters. But other kinds of moha remain to be eradicated by higher paths.
        S: Yes, exactly.

        In summary, as quoted recently by Han:

        >There are ten Sa.myojanas.

        Abandoned by Sotaapanna