Re: to Lukas. Heedless in daily life

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2012
      Dear Pt & all,

      Great to see you back!! Do hope you had a good trip to visit your family in Europe. I'm sure you're very busy on return.

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "ptaus1" <ptaus1@...> wrote:

      > Sorry bit late in responding, this is the link to the velthuis-unicode converter I gave before:
      > http://www.granthamandira.com/diCrunch/diCrunch.php
      S: Thank you very much indeed. I did find the other link you had given me, but it didn't seem to work anymore.

      Now, I have to dash as I have a niece about to arrive, so will try it later.

      All, with my niece visiting for a few days, my mother and Jon arriving on Sat, I doubt I'll have a corner or any time to post for a few days, so apologies in advance for delays.

      Pt, we look forward to seeing you in due course.

      ======
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 7, 2012
        Dear Pt & all,

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "ptaus1" <ptaus1@...> wrote:

        > Sorry bit late in responding, this is the link to the velthuis-unicode converter I gave before:
        > http://www.granthamandira.com/diCrunch/diCrunch.php
        S: Yes, this is it - it works really easily, even for me! (I'm sure the link is different as the older one no longer works.)

        > It's maybe the simplest as it doesn't require any installations, setups, etc - it's just an ordinary web page basically. How to use:
        >
        > 1. On top you have two buttons with submenus - one to select the Source (like if your text is in Velthuis for example) and the second to select the Target - say you want your Velthuis to go into Unicode with diacritics - you select IAST Unicode.
        S: Thx - the basic point for me to remember is when I put in the Pali, I need to click on IAST unicode in the first box and velthius in the second one.
        > 2. Copy your Velthuis text and paste it in the top textbox (there's already some text there as an example when you open the page - just delete that one).
        >
        > 3. in the bottom left corner there's a button "click to convert" - when you click it, it should give you the converted text in Unicode in the bottom text box.
        S: Or the other way round!

        Many thx.