Letter from Luraya

  • Lukas
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012
      Dear Dhamma friends (Phil)
      I met wise Dhamma friend(and sexy :P). Her name is Luraya and she is so eager to come to DSG and study Dhamma. Now she reads Acharn Sujin Perfections Leading to Enlightenment and Survey of Paramattha Dhammas. Originaly she's practicing vipassana meditation in a tradition of S.N. Goenka.
      She helped me so much, especially encouraging me not to drink and break siila.
      That's a girl from 'attraction to a nice girl problem' topic.

      I am attaching a letter I've got from her as a farewell gesture. I find this letter a good reminder.
      Also added our photos in a gallery.

      <
      Lukas, wonderful you!

      always filled of jokes and happieness!
      I want to thank you for the great time I had with you at the center and thank you for ofering us so much, letting me get to know you better!

      I want you to know that I really care about you and wish that you keep on being strong and proceed on the Path of Dhamma. It is not always easy of course the storms will go on and you might have days where you think better to quit. But there is one thing that is even harder than practicing vipassana - not to practice.

      Don't go on hurting yourself how temptating it might be to hang out with old friends! Please, do it for your own good! It would make me so happy to know you are at Dhamma Dipa :D

      You have travelled so long on the Path and I find it very inspiring to see a person like you who have been through so much heavy stuff to have the strenght to go up again and again after every fall! I already miss your 'the italian man who went to malta' voice, sitting next to and entertaining me while working. Lukas, I will never forget you and I hope to see you again at any dhamma place!

      Now I will take on your beautiful metta shirt and send all my metta to you and your stomach!

      I send you all my love, multiplied with all the love on earth!

      Keep on growing in Dhamma!

      Thank you for everything Lukas :D

      Mettahugs!
      Luraya

      best wishes
      Lukas

      P.s
      I am starting to study Dhamma more.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012
        Dear Lukas & Luraya,

        What lovely photos - thanks for putting them in the album!

        Thank you also for telling us about Luraya and enclosing her lovely note. I'm so glad she encourages you in good sila. You can encourage and inspire each other a lot in your Dhamma interest and studies! No problem:-)

        Luraya, I do hope you will join us here. Please ask any questions and share any of your reflections. Lukas has such a keen interest in the Dhamma and I'm sure you will have the same.

        Perhaps you will also listen to the audio recordings and discuss them with Lukas and the rest of us.

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lukas" <szmicio@...> wrote:

        > Dear Dhamma friends (Phil)
        > I met wise Dhamma friend(and sexy :P). Her name is Luraya and she is so eager to come to DSG and study Dhamma.
        <...>
      • Lukas
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012
          Dear Sarah,
          Especially I like this short reminders:

          Luraya: "But there is one thing that is even harder than practicing vipassana - not to practice."

          and this one:

          "Don't go on hurting yourself how temptating it might be to hang out with old friends!"

          I am thinking what Phil will tell on this. Phil and Luraya seems to think very closely to each other. I mean siila anisamsa, the benefits of siila, they seem to understand so well and give me support.

          Nice to hear recently a new improved Phil :P . Going into right understanding more and more.

          Best wishes
          Lukas

          > What lovely photos - thanks for putting them in the album!
          >
          > Thank you also for telling us about Luraya and enclosing her lovely note. I'm so glad she encourages you in good sila. You can encourage and inspire each other a lot in your Dhamma interest and studies! No problem:-)
        • philip
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012
            Hi Lukas ( and Luraya)

            Very happy to hear about your wonderful Dhamma friend, Lukas, and happy that you are back to listenibg, reflecting, discussing etc. Conditions are so unpredictable - now I am going a bit in a different direction. We're moving to a new apartment and today I packed all my Dhamma books away for awhile, I will be studying Japanese, writing, working on other things. But always opportunities to better understand dhammas. True, when we're not studying and listening and discussing, fewer reminders and easier to get lost in concepts about people and things.

            Look forward to discussing with you and L in the future, not for a little while...

            Metta hugs to both of you!

            Phil
          • rjkjp1
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012