Re: [dsg] Thanks for a great trip

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 31, 2012
      Dear Ann (& Nina),

      I passed on your kind words to my mother who appreciated them and sends you her best wishes too.

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "glenjohnann" <glenjohnann@...> wrote:
      >Feeling disappointed and frustrated is the dosa flowing from the attachment - all to the idea of being there. Where there are conditions one will hear the true Dhamma and participate in discussions with friends. We need to appreciate the opportunity provided here on DSG for discussion and listening to the recordings. The important thing is the listening and/or discussing leading to wise reflection now and that can occur at home or in KK. I am not dismissing the opportunity afforded when people get together to discuss and listen to true Dhamma, just reflecting on when and where opportunities may occur - anywhere, any time, by conditions.
      S: Well said. One can be a discussion in Kaeng Krachan and falling asleep (as some found on the last day when we went to the restaurant by the dam for the usual lovely lunch, followed immediately by a discussion in a separate room before our trip back to Bkk), or find oneself lost in some other thoughts. It always comes back to the cittas now. As K.Sujin always reminds us, one can listen to anything, read anything, watch anything with or without wise attention, with or without understanding.

      There are opportunities for dana, sila, viriya, khanti, sacca, adhittana, adhimokkha, panna, nekkhama, metta, upekkha - all the perfections, any time at all - whilst having discussion, helping a family member or friend or stranger in the street or whilst eating a meal.

      Please share more of your wise reflections. Wishing you good health as well as wisdom for the Year of the Dragon.

      p.s Nina, my friend Sharon's husband sent me a note to say there's a little improvement as a result of increased acupuncture. I told my mother about her but although my mother has attended to and assisted many people as they die, she has no experience of helping anyone in a coma.
      ==========
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1 2:18 AM
        Dear Sarah,
        Op 1-feb-2012, om 7:13 heeft sarah het volgende geschreven:

        > Nina, my friend Sharon's husband sent me a note to say there's a
        > little improvement as a result of increased acupuncture.
        ------
        N: I am glad acupuncture is helpful for Sharon.
        AS you said, also helping others can be a time to develop the
        perfections. As Kh Sujin said, we do not have to think of the
        perfections, they are all kusala through body, speech and mind.
        Now that Lodewijk cannot help me in the house I realize the amount of
        little jobs which are time-consuming he used to do.

      • azita
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 2 1:56 PM
          Hallo Sarah,

          > Hi Azita,
          >
          > I hadn't realised you weren't coming to Thailand at this time, so was sorry not to see you on our visit and in KK.

          Azita: I was sad not to be there and I know that comes from strong attachment to those discussions in that lovely environment with wonderful dhamma friends. However, that is now jst a story about past khandhas.......

          thank you for the following texts. Some of it reads a bit like a horror story, but to an arahant life as puttujhana (sp?) is horror I guess! without the dosa.

          Patience, courage and good cheer
          azita