1993 K.Sujin talking to Robert K [2]

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2011
      Dear Friends,

      Another extract from the tape I was listening to:
      *****
      KS: Just this moment if there is understanding it develops, otherwise it (the object) falls away unknowingly with expectation or desire or craving and ignorance. So by having very, very certain understanding of sacca ~naana (knowledge of the Truths), one will not go wrong and that is the development of kicca ~naana. Kicca ~naana is the development, little by little, very naturally and it will lead to kata ~naana, the insight of realities.

      R: And how does the thinking - the thinking is necessary too to consider the Dhamma, but how can we understand how the thinking conditions the deeper understanding of the present moment?

      KS: Hmm, I don't want to say that thinking helps or one should think that one should think - just the understanding of realities as realities. Thinking is just a moment that thinks, that's all. Otherwise one will look forward to something again to help, see? One has to come back to realities are realities and what is thinking? Thinking is real and it's a moment which thinks by conditions. By understanding this one doesn't mind whether there's thinking or no thinking. Instead of thinking "Oh we should have thinking first in order to help us as condition for right understanding" - that is all only thinking again and again, again and again. Looking for something instead of just instant awareness of realities. Just a short moment of awareness, that is right. Otherwise when it's long it's motivated by following with the idea of self, so as short as it is.
      *****

    • rjkjp1
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2011
        Dear Sarah
        Thanks. I remember taht conversation- at Khun Duang duens house I think.
        robert
        Time flies like an arrow (Fruit flies like a banana)