Re: dhammas and Uccheda-ditthi

  • connie
    Message 1 of 154 , Nov 1, 2011
      You've lost me, Alex. Please explain to me in terms of "seeing" or the like, this kind of 'existence' or whatever it is that you are proposing.
      thanks,
      connie

      > Does sabhava dhamma perish? If so it is annihilationism. If it exists eternally, then how can there be momentariness?

    • scottduncan2
      Message 154 of 154 , Nov 17, 2011
        pt,

        pt: "...Yes, I see how it would appear that way. So, intention as in cetana that takes the same object as the citta(s) - concept of a person, rather than intention as in 'intending' something to be this or that."

        Scott: Yeah, I don't know about this. Ken O. is talking about concepts as objects of satipa.t.thaana but I've not seen his definition of satipa.t.thaana yet. Meditators get hung up with cetanaa too. Careful.

        pt: "Also, thank you for the time you took to reply to my posts, interesting discussions, sorry I'm slow, will get to responding as soon as I manage to finish the report on discussions in Manly."

        Scott: Oh, so Rob K. and Manly discussion come before me. And I thought you loved me more than that. Ha ha. Take you time and go one at a time over weeks and weeks. Suck the candy, don't chew it.

        Scott.