How things work -- Re: [dsg] Re: wisdom and doing

  • Robert E
    Message 1 of 514 , Jun 30, 2011
      Hi Ken O.

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, Ken O <ashkenn2k@...> wrote:

      Every time we
      > experience nama and rupa, it changes the future nama and rupa.

      This is a very good statement.

      > there is no some
      > other form, all is depend on one's actions, effort, chanda, thinking etc to
      > develop insight. Just like one does not become Buddha without labouring for it,
      > and keep improving and accomplishing the perfection. It is just hard work to
      > develop insight, no free lunch or some other form. Even those who could be
      > enlighten in Buddha time, had done a lot of hard work to develop insight for
      > many ages.

      This is also a good description of Right Effort. Enlightenment doesn't fall from the sky.

      > if it does not change, again as I said there is no salvation, it is already
      > determine, then why learn Buddhism :-)

      Well I would learn it anyway. What else is there to do? :-)

      Best,
      Robert E.

      Message 514 of 514 , Aug 10, 2011
        Hi Rob E,

        --- On Fri, 5/8/11, Robert E <epsteinrob@...> wrote:
        >>S: You appreciate the distinction between thinking and concepts and how the reality now, when we think about these issues, is just thinking which can be known as such. Dare I say that we're making good headway in the discussion?

        R:>I think that apart from all issues, yes, it is great to have those distinctions and I hope it represents progress in that way. I'm certainly happy to share and learn in that dimension, even while clinging to my terrible belief in "formal meditation." :-)
        S: :-))