ayatanas, to Num

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002
      Dear Num, I am glad you asked your aunt about the different classifications
      in Dispeller and in the Vis. about the ayatanas, 8 cittas less in Dispeller,
      but I thought also: the 8 may be the lokuttara cittas, and it depends in
      what heading this is classified. And yes: of three planes (of citta), thus
      the lokuttara plane is not included in this heading. You reacted so quickly,
      did you phone your aunt? Do I know her? She is a good source of info . Now I
      want to ask more, to you or your aunt. Rob. K. does not want to let go of
      the ayatanas, he wants more about the Co to the Sabbasutta, K. IV, First
      Fifty, Ch 3, the All. I have the Thai Co. This Co speaks about all ayatanas,
      but also about pathesa sabbe, and I could not make this out. It says this is
      five objects, but the word pathesabbe I could not find. What I shall do: I
      also have the romanized Pali, I shall study the Pali also, but I do not have
      the atthakatha in Pali of this. Thank you, and with appreciation to you and
      to your aunt, Nina.