Re: Helpful & Unhelpful Questions (4NT or Self-views)

  • antony272b2
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 1, 2010
      Sorry about the reference to non-existence in that post. Once when I had a severe bout of sloth and torpor I told a monk that I wanted to go to sleep and not wake up again. He smiled and replied "It doesn't happen like that." I wasn't suicidal because I wanted to keep breathing in my sleep!

      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 9, 2010
        Hi Alex,

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "truth_aerator" <truth_aerator@...> wrote:
        > >S: On right view bringing purity, see Nina's Sangiiti post # 111561.
        > >
        > > "The commentary and Tiika explain the reasons. Pa~n~naa is the condition for all otehr kinds of kusala, it purifies from defilements and it gives brightness and pervasion. It illuminates the darkness of ignorance so that the truth of all realities can be realized. Pa~n~naa is one of the perfetions and through pa~n~naa all the other perfections are fulfilled. The perfections lead to the other shore, to nibbaana."
        > >
        > > "The treasure of pa~n~naa is the best of all (sabbase.t.tha.m)."
        >A: Are you saying that Arahant depends on panna?
        > Does arahant cling to panna?
        > Does Arahant hold panna "to be best of all"?
        S: The arahat doesn't "depend on" or "cling to" anything. The arahat knows that pa~n~naa is the greatest treasure and that nothing else really matters in life except for its development. For the arahat, the job is done, there is no becoming, because pa~n~naa has eradicated all defilements.

        =========