Re: Some ideas about dhamma starting to change

  • Ken H
    Message 1 of 154 , Jul 31, 2010
      Hi Kevin,

      ----
      <. . .>
      KH: > >When there is belief in intentional manipulation of consciousness there is wrong view and akusala citta, and no prospect of jhana.

      Kevin: > Then please explain these sections from the Visuddhimagga on the development of meditation on the elements. I have bolded and underlined some parts. I don't know how much of that will show up in the message (last time my bolding (highlightning) did not show up). It is only a few paragraphs and it is trimmed down quite a bit.
      ----

      None of the highlighting showed up. YahooGroups doesn't provide for bold or underlined text. That's why we use *asterisks!*

      I did ask you to summarise the extracts or to just explain how they indicated to you that there could be control over dhammas. But you obviously want me to do the hard work. :-)

      There is just one citta at a time - no living being. And so no living being can have control over anything.

      That's what you have to bear in mind when you read Dhamma texts.

      Ken H
      Message 154 of 154 , Dec 29, 2010
        Hi Kevin,

        #109602

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, Kevin F <farrellkevin80@...> wrote:
        > S: Yes, but that doesn't mean that dosa is encouraged:-)
        >
        > Kevin: Can one cause more dosa to arise intentionally or deliberately? I don't
        > understand.
        S: All dhammas are conditioned. If one has the mistaken idea that dosa is good, for example "righteous anger" or an idea that as akusala can be a condition for kusala that it's no harm, that mistaken idea may be a condition in itself for dosa to accumulate.

        ======