this is my hello

  • jcbrand76@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2010
      when I joined this group it sent me a message saying i should say hello and
      introduce myself. so here is that message

      hello!

      first of all my name is jc

      some of you may know me from the dhammawheel message board.
      i haven't been a student of the dhamma for very long, just a little over a
      decade(though the 1st 5 of those years was spent studying with a Japanese
      Zen priest so i didn't pick up much in the was of the pali canon), but i
      try to absorb what i can and put it into practice in my daily life. not
      always an easy thing to do.

      i have read a few of the book associated with members of this group
      The World in the Buddhist Sense
      .Metta: Loving kindness in Buddhism
      Abhidhamma in Daily Life
      mental development in daily life
      The Buddha's Path

      and i have a few on my shelf i still need to read. but i thought it was
      time i should join this group, i have been meaning to for quite some time.
      i hope to learn what i can from everyone.

      with metta
      jc

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2010
        Hi jc

        Welcome to the list. I hope you find your stay here rewarding.

        I'm impressed by your obvious interest and commitment in reading the books you mention.

        Please feel free to join in any of the threads, or start one of your own.

        Jon

        --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, jcbrand76@... wrote:

        > when I joined this group it sent me a message saying i should say hello and
        > introduce myself. so here is that message ...
      • ptaus1
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2010
          Hi jc,

          Nice to see you here as well.

          Best wishes
          pt

          > hello!
          >
          > first of all my name is jc
        • Christine
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 6, 2010
            Hello JC,

            Glad you made it over here. :-)

            with metta
            Chris
            ---The trouble is that you think you have time---
          • james brand
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7, 2010
              thanks for the welcomes!

              metta
              jc

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 10, 2010
                Hi JC,

                I also appreciated your introduction and look forward to more sharing and discussion with you in due course.

                Would you care to tell us where you live?

                You've been reading some good Dhamma....keep it up!

                --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, jcbrand76@... wrote:

                > when I joined this group it sent me a message saying i should say hello and
                > introduce myself.
                <...>
              • james brand
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 10, 2010
                  hello Sarah
                  I'm really hoping to pick up a lot , just been reading the posts here s far.
                  right now I'm living in anchorage Alaska

                  metta
                  jc