69196Re: Antw.: [dsg] Q. Rupas, Ch 1, no 2

  • rjkjp1
    Mar 5, 2007
      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, TGrand458@... wrote:

      > Hi Robert
      >

      > In a message dated 3/4/2007 11:58:03 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
      > rjkjp1@... writes:
      >
      > Dear TG
      > If I read you correctly you think citta and mentality are actually
      > types of matter.
      >
      > TG: No Robert, I think they are types of energy.
      ------------

      Dear TG,
      I'm no expert on science views but isn't energy a type of matter?
      __________

      > And that there is no arisng and falling of matter or
      > mentality.
      >
      > TG: No again. There is arising and falling of phenomena. (I do
      not claim
      > there is or is not matter however.)

      ______

      I thought you disagreed when the texts say that phenomena arise and
      pass away?

      > How does your theory explain that one mght die as a human and then
      be
      > reborn instantly - without any time interval-as a God in a distant
      > world.
      >
      > TG: I don't have a hard and fast theory regarding "rebirth
      mechanics." I
      > generally think kamma is accumulated and stored sort of like a
      charge in a
      > battery or a charge built up in the atmosphere. At the time of
      death, perhaps
      > that charge is released into a new life system. I don't know how
      it works but
      > I tacitly believe it does work...i.e., that there is rebirth.
      >

      > Isn't that more than a slowly continuous change?
      >
      > TG: Hey changes can be extremely fast to. But I still see them
      as being
      > continuous analog type change; as opposed to a digital on and off
      change.

      Above you said phenomena does arise and pass away?

      > And how could matter move so fast ?
      >
      > 455 Hemi engine? ;-)

      ________

      I drive a 4 litre V8 here in Japan- never fast enough are they.
      Robert