37215Re: [dsg] cause of impermanence: To Htoo, Nina, Rob K

  • nina van gorkom
    Oct 3, 2004
      Dear Htoo,
      Very clear, thank you.
      But ruupajhana can take different objects, we have to study Larry's post
      about the subjects. I was actually wondering about the arupajhaanas.
      When we read in the Suttas: right concentration, this includes not only
      right concentration of Noble Eightfold Path, but also right concentration
      of samatha. Therefore, we have to be very careful about the context.
      Nina.
      op 03-10-2004 00:38 schreef htootintnaing op htootintnaing@...:

      > So the 4th jhana itself is just a lokiya samma-samadhi. It is not one
      > of the Noble Eightfold Path.
      >
      > The reason that I raise the question is to highlight that loki jhanas
      > are not samma-samadhi of Noble Eightfold Path.
      >
      > And the other reason is that to help people judge on the statement
      > that 'jhanas are necessary for development of vipassana panna and
      > attainment of arahatta magga nana.'
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic