37204Re: cause of impermanence: To Htoo, Nina, Rob K/Herman

  • christine_forsyth
    Oct 2, 2004
      Hello Herman, (Htoo), all,

      To save time, energy, and archive space, would it be worth having a
      quick look under Useful Posts in the topic headings of "Concepts
      (pa~n~natti)" and "Concepts (pa~n~natti) Vs Ultimate Realities
      (paramattha dhammas)"

      Shortened Useful Post Link
      http://tinyurl.com/2c0k

      metta and peace,
      Christine
      ---The trouble is that you think you have time---

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "Egbert" <hhofman@t...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Htoo,
      >
      > Thank you for your reply. But I am understanding you less now than
      > before. See below.
      > ====
      > > I am not asking for your personal reasons why you are making
      that
      > > statement here and now, I am asking you why you believe this is
      > true.

      > > Arise and fall. This is the character of things around us that
      > exist.
      > >
      > > 'Thing that does not exist' does not arise and as it does not
      > arise,
      >
      > > it does not need to fall away.
      > > I think this is logical. Howward would say something. Once he
      > > said 'panatti arises and falls away'. Please see in the old
      > messages.
      > > Howard's tree is its extension.
      > >

      > =======
      > The original statement was Panatti does not arise, does not fall
      away

      > So the tree does not arise, does not fall away?
      >
      > There are two trees. Tree as object, tree as subject.
      >
      > There is the tree, as the name for the bunch of conditions which
      > give rise to seeing it. In my view, nothing about the arising or
      > falling away of the tree as object can be said if it is realised
      > that the vision which sees it is rising and falling away all the
      > time.
      >
      > There is the tree as mental subject. In my view, it is clear that
      > the tree as thought arises and falls away.
      >
      > So what do you mean when you say panatti does not arise, does not
      > fall away?
      >
      > Sorry if I am too persistent :-)
      >
      > Kind Regards
      >

      > Herman