3445Re: [DhammaStudyGroup] Re: what can citta know?

  • m. nease
    Feb 14 5:05 AM
      Dear Sarah,

      --- Sarah Procter Abbott <sarahdhhk@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Mike,

      > While we wait for Num to return from South America,
      > may I chip in?
      > >
      > > Yes, and the Vacchagotta is particuarly
      > interesting
      > > as
      > > an example of the Buddha directly teaching right
      > > view
      > > to a layperson with no reference to any kind of
      > > bhavana:

      > Have I misunderstood you?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sarah

      Well, yes, but my fault for poor use of Pali (as
      usual). I used 'bhavana' to try to get around
      objections to the use of 'meditation' in the sense of
      formal meditation. Clearly, vipassana bhavana is what
      is meant.

      Thanks!

      mike

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/