32663Re: [dsg] VISIBLE OBJECT IS NOT A DOT OF LIGHT!!!

  • robmoult
    May 1, 2004
      Hi TG,

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, TGrand458@a... wrote:
      > Just jumping in here. I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "dot
      of light."
      > It sounds like you might be referring to a photon? If this is the
      case, then
      > I totally disagree with that conclusion. The actual objects of
      vision are
      > photons (photon energy.) Without that, no vision.

      I was refering to a pixel, not a photon.

      According to the commentary, the following are the necessary
      conditions for sense consciousness to arise:
      - Eye sensitivity (eye has to work, not blind)
      - Visible object
      - Light
      - Attention

      In other words, photons (light) are necessary for eye consciousness,
      but they are different from visible object.

      Metta,
      Rob M :-)
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic