23283Re: Inquiry to Nina... for Victor

  • gazita2002
    Jul 4, 2003
      --- Hello Steve,
      Thanks for this, however-----

      In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "bodhi2500" <Bodhi2500@a...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Azita and Victor
      >
      > My understanding is that not only Nibbana but also the Lokuttara
      > Magga and Phala cittas and cetasikas of
      Sotapanna,Sakadagami,Anagami
      > and Arahant can not be objects of clinging.
      >
      > My guess on why they cant be objects of clinging is because those
      > states are free from clinging. I think that it may be possible for
      > Sotapanna to have clinging to the thinking/memory of the experience
      > of Nibbana, but this would be clinging to a concept, not a direct
      > clinging to Nibbana itself.
      >
      > Maybe someone can offer a more knowledgeable answer.
      >
      > Azita, you mentioned in another post that you may be able to make
      it
      > to the next Cooran meeting? If so looking forward to seeing you
      again.

      > Take care
      > Steve

      --I can understand that at the moment of experiencing Nibbana,
      there is no clinging; have been thinking about it and I wonder if
      bec. it is so different to anything we now experience eg. conditioned
      phenomena, that it is an impossibilty to cling to an unconditioned
      phenomena???
      If there is no more knowledgeable answer forthcoming, Steve, it
      may be a good one for discussion at Cooran. I've applied for that
      w/e off work, so if I get it, I'll be down - with millions of warm
      clothes!!!!

      See you then,
      patience, courage and good cheer,
      Azita