23271Re: Inquiry to Nina... for Victor

  • bodhi2500
    Jul 3, 2003
      Hi Azita and Victor

      --- In dhammastudygroup@yahoogroups.com, "gazita2002"
      <gazita2002@y...> wrote:
      > I present my question about Nibbana a little differently.
      > In Nina's book 'Conditions' p36, it says 'anything can be object
      of
      > clinging, except Nibbana'. Why is this?
      >
      > Thanks for dragging me out of the lurkers' corner, Victor.
      > patience, courage and good cheer,
      > Azita

      My understanding is that not only Nibbana but also the Lokuttara
      Magga and Phala cittas and cetasikas of Sotapanna,Sakadagami,Anagami
      and Arahant can not be objects of clinging.

      My guess on why they cant be objects of clinging is because those
      states are free from clinging. I think that it may be possible for a
      Sotapanna to have clinging to the thinking/memory of the experience
      of Nibbana, but this would be clinging to a concept, not a direct
      clinging to Nibbana itself.

      Maybe someone can offer a more knowledgeable answer.

      Azita, you mentioned in another post that you may be able to make it
      to the next Cooran meeting? If so looking forward to seeing you again.

      Take care
      Steve
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic